The MT-07 Forum

Best Exhaust?

mulligantd

Just bought my Fz07 about two months ago but I'm bored with the exhaust. I'm looking for a new full system. that'll give the bike a whole new sound, Something mean, but a loud roar if that makes any sense? I have no idea what exhausts are the best. hoping people can spread some light my way hopefully post some videos and or leave some thoughts for me to read over.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome mulligantd! Exhaust is subjective and personal preference. Check here for this forums discussion on exhaust.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry if i come off as a dick but there are probably over 100 pages of exhaust reviews on the forum. Please do a quick search as this same question has been covered many many times.

Asking which is the best exhaust is not the best question. Its like asking which of the 3 FZ07 colors is the best. But its actually worse than that because there are more than 3 exhausts out there.

No one exhaust is better than the other performance wise. One might sound better to you than the other. One might look better to you, yet look very ugly to someone else. Price might factor in on what you think is the best. Many feel stock is the best if a quiet exhaust is your thing. Not to mention its already on your bike!

Exhausts are one of the more simpler things, you can't **** it up. Or you have to try real hard to **** it up. Hell, you can make your own exhausts. That's how simple they are. So "best" is not the best word to use when asking what exhaust to choose. Hell, even asking other people what exhaust you should get isn't the best question.

Now, the only question that I can respond to is this one:

Something mean, but a loud roar
See?  That is more like it.  A specific thing you are after in an exhaust.  That's the kind of question that someone can answer.

Full system wise, Ixil or Roadsitalia are nice and loud.  Otherwise ANY full system with the baffle/db killer out will sound mean and loud.  Akrapovic Titanium without the baffle is one of my favorite sounds.  But any of them without the baffle, to be honest, they all sound so similar, some people might not even notice a difference.  I like M4 but it isn't a full system.  Its a small exhaust, so its essentially nothing more than there to make some noise.  Yeah, even asking which one sounds mean or loud, you'll get too varied of a response.  All in all, its 100% down to preference and opinion.  Good luck buddy.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

i guess i shoulda been more clear, i did look at the hundreds of other posts but what i read just didnt justify what i wanted to know. and i did look up videos but i didnt think it would give justice to said exhaust..

I think that the Akrapovic Titanium without the baffle has one of the meanest sounds out there. It's just a tad loud for some people. Like others have said, you need to hear them and look at the and make a decision based on your preferences. Aside from aesthetics, none of the exhausts are too different in any way.

@mulligantd if you are anything like most of us who did a new exhaust, you will change your mind 47 times(minimum) and then no matter which exhaust you get, THAT EXHAUST will be the best one

For instance I wanted all of them at one time or another, I installed Two Brothers...TWO BROTHERs IS THE BEST EXHAUST!!!!!!!!

I second the Two Brothers exhaust... I was stuck between yoshi and 2 bros and yosh and yosh is out of stock for a while unless you can find it full price. The only thing at first holding me back from 2 bros is hearing everyone say its almost TOO loud. I purchased it anyways and am very happy with it. It sounds great! Too loud if u like quiet exhausts but definitely not as loud as most harleys ive heard. I did however set off a car alarm last night haha. But revzilla sells silencing tips to bring down the decibals a bit but i like how it sounds straight outta the box

And it sounds waaaay better than in the videos
DING DING DING!!!! 
WAY better, I am SO mechanically challenged, the guy that installed mine called me and u could hear the excitement. He and I talk bikes every chance we get, his quote was, "DUDE, this thing sounds freakin awesome. I am on my way over, you better get dressed to take it for a test drive."

I ride with a club from church, and one of the Harley rides was mentioning how much he liked the sound of it

Just bought my Fz07 about two months ago but I'm bored with the exhaust. I'm looking for a new full system. that'll give the bike a whole new sound, Something mean, but a loud roar if that makes any sense? I have no idea what exhausts are the best. hoping people can spread some light my way hopefully post some videos and or leave some thoughts for me to read over.
Take off the stock silencer. That will give you something mean and a loud roar lol.

• Premium Member

No better response than.: do a search. :/
Sometimes a search does not answer what u are looking for.

I installed the M4. Price and sound were my two wants.

So, to answer your question. The M4 is the best exhaust.

Guest whitegas

Step 1. Buy ANY aftermarket exhaust.
Step 2. Remove the baffle or don't install baffle if it is packed separate.
Step 3. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE THE BEST SOUNDING EXHAUST!
Step 4. 100% serious.
Step 6. No, seriously.
Step 10.  No, really.  100% serious.  For serious.  Hands down serious.  No joke.  100%

• Premium Member
@mulligantd if you are anything like most of us who did a new exhaust, you will change your mind 47 times(minimum) and then no matter which exhaust you get, THAT EXHAUST will be the best one 
For instance I wanted all of them at one time or another, I installed Two Brothers...TWO BROTHERs IS THE BEST EXHAUST!!!!!!!!
This is as true as it gets. I have the Yoshi carbon and it's probably the best sound I've ever heard in my life while being absolutely gorgeous hahaha

My toes are still frozen and I was shivering the whole ride home. Just got done installing my yoshimura carbon in the driveway and it sounds way better in person. My neighbors will probably be pissed in the mornings though, and that's with the DB killer still in. I agree though, any after market exhaust will make a huge difference in sound. Now I can actually be heard when I pass somebody, though i'm really hoping it's not a cop magnet now.

If you keep your revs low, you'll be fine to your neighbors. There are some really stupid motorcycle owners out there who for unknown reasons decide to rev their bikes really high through their own neighborhood.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• 2 years later...

Just put a black widow exhaust on and the bike sounds amazing.  I was skeptical about how cheap it was for the full exhaust, but it really is a great sounding quality exhaust. 

Ixil SX1 complete system with 2WDW ecu flash, no baffle, no snorkel. I chose this setup initially because of its sound, price, and looks, in that order. Since I've put a couple thousand miles on it, I still feel I made the right choice. I'm happy with the performance and the quality of the parts. 

IMG_1054.JPG

5 hours ago, zaw said:

Just put a black widow exhaust on and the bike sounds amazing.  I was skeptical about how cheap it was for the full exhaust, but it really is a great sounding quality exhaust. 

Yeah I did a Black Widow full exhaust system, too. I absolutely love the sound, quality and look of it. It being about $350 after shipping which left plenty of budget left to do the ECU flash by 2WDW. 

I'd recommend them if you want something different from what every other FZ-07 has but don't want to use something from China hahaha

NAY5HNE - Imgur.jpg

You do you and I'll do me.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:34 PM, Cruizin said:

It's an old thread but shows up in google search results and gets a ton of clicks every day. So, let's keep this thread going!

whats your favorite exhaust for the mighty FZ-07?

I still cannot make up my mind between Akrapovič Titanium or Yoshimura R-11.

R-11 is coming out soon (if I'm not mistaken) and I would like to see/hear it in person.

I'll wait until the next riding season to make up my mind and save up some money.

What are your thoughts on R-11?

Archived