The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust EJK Install - Snorkel / O2 Sensor Question

wingnutted

For those of you that have installed aftermarket exhaust AND also installed the EJK from Dobeck, what have you done regarding the snorkel and O2 sensor?

The comments on the Dobeck site say that for the Yoshimura system (and it appears most others) that they recommend removing the snorkel and disconnecting the O2 sensor.

The snorkel seems quite simple, would you all say a wire mesh cover would be a good idea to put over the air filter?

The more significant question related to the O2 sensor, and I haven't been able to find a solid answer yet. Where does the O2 sensor connect? I'm going under the assumption that I want to leave the plug in the actual exhaust, as if I remove that, I would be left with a hole in the exhaust just in front of the pipe....

Hope the question makes sense and that I'm not making a complete fool out of myself....

Revzilla sells plugs for the O2 sensor. Just gotta unscrew the O2 sensor and screw in the plug to cover the hole. Also a wire mesh cover would add extra protection if removing the snorkel but i see that alot more for offroad bikes not sure if its truley necessary for a street bike unless you go through alot of dirt

• Premium Member

I don't have an EJK but do have answers for your sensor question. The plug in is located under that long silver piece above the rear break (pic below). That piece was difficult for me to remove and install due to there being a plastic piece that slots in on the frame behind it. Might be easier with the tank panel off. As for removing the sensor, I guess it would make sense to just leave it and just have the wire unplugged. I know some remove the sensor completely and screw in a bung. Hope I helped!

Egtvyzn.jpg

I don't have an EJK but do have answers for your sensor question. The plug in is located under that long silver piece above the rear break (pic below). That piece was difficult for me to remove and install due to there being a plastic piece that slots in on the frame behind it. Might be easier with the tank panel off. As for removing the sensor, I guess it would make sense to just leave it and just have the wire unplugged. I know some remove the sensor completely and screw in a bung. Hope I helped! 
Egtvyzn.jpg
You haven't seen any warning lights or anything pop of due to disconnecting the O2 sensor at the plug?

• Premium Member

@wingnutted

Sorry about that. I havent disconnected it. I was just telling where it could be found

@wingnutted 
Sorry about that. I havent disconnected it. I was just telling where it could be found
No worries! At least I know where to find the plug :)

I unplugged my O2 sensor just behind the grey plastic cover. My MIVV exhaust came with a bung to plug the O2 sensor and the FZ-07 does not need any aftermarket unit to plug into the harness and you'll get no codes, just better use of the EJK controller since the O2 sensor isn't trying to undue what the controller was trying to do.

fooschnickens
Revzilla sells plugs for the O2 sensor. Just gotta unscrew the O2 sensor and screw in the plug to cover the hole. Also a wire mesh cover would add extra protection if removing the snorkel but i see that alot more for offroad bikes not sure if its truley necessary for a street bike unless you go through alot of dirt
I would do that anyways after seeing the video of another member who had a chipmunk stash a whole bunch of nuts and other garbage in his airbox. 

Archived