The MT-07 Forum

intergrated tail light

shift4life

Anyone have a motodynamic or other brand intergrated tail light. I really like the look wondering if people have been pleased with them. From the video it seemed quite brite.

I think a lot of people here are a fan of the motodynamic, but it remains out of stock. It is one of the few items I am literally waiting to see an email from. I love the FZ-07 - I do not love the wonky indicators she came with. Motodynamic tail light + Wasten Design Front LED's = sexy combo.

Maybe about half a dozen or more people have the motodynamic on these forums. There is a thread a few spots down in this forum category.

http://fz07.org/thread/1908/motodynamic-tail-light-stock?page=1

There are more vids/pics in the General Discussions forum under "what did you do to your bike today". Here are a couple:

http://fz07.org/thread/127/bike-today?page=119
http://fz07.org/thread/127/bike-today?page=124

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

TwistedTorque
Anyone have a motodynamic or other brand intergrated tail light. I really like the look wondering if people have been pleased with them. From the video it seemed quite brite.
Nothing but good things to say about mine. It's really bright and I kept mine connected with the stock lights which was a plus for me.

That's good to hear it seems anyone that makes one is out of stuck must be a hot item. I will have to get one if and when it becomes available

Does anyone know why the clear tailor from motodynamic has a 1 year warranty and the smoked one only had 180 day warranty?

Mine works great and looks awesome! Installing it was fairly simple too. It didn't come with those rubber washer donut thingies on it so you'll just have to swap it from the stock tail light. I made that mistake first time around and was wondering why the light wasn't as secure as the stock.

0db22338ff559a0d57dad1899043d863.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the motodynamic on my 600rr and I'll definitely be considering it for the FZ07

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

• 3 weeks later...
purplehayes

Those with the motodynamic tail light...does i come with a light that shines on the license plate. On their website it says nothing about it and i will be getting the yoshimura tail tidy that comes with a light. Just wondering from those who have this tail light. Thanks

TwistedTorque
I don't recall it coming with anything for the plate. I'm using the light from the yoshi tail tidy on mine. It all plugged in quite nice.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Confirming twistedtorque. Have Motodynamic and Yoshi. License plate light is from Yoshi, MD has nothing to do w/ it.

Does anyone have the smoked version of the motodynamic?

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member

I have smoked version. I did the same thing with those grommets your not alone!
20150301_151419_zpspsitxyn3.jpg

hey was the motodynamic plug and play? Or do i have to splice wires?

Thanks

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
hey was the motodynamic plug and play? Or do i have to splice wires? 
Thanks
Plug and play. The only thing I needed to solder was the license plate light for Yosh and LED turn signals. The taillight was the simplest part of the install. If you want a more detailed breakdown: http://fz07.org/thread/1938/motodynamics-integrated-led-brake-light

• 2 months later...
  • Global Moderator

I really like that. I wish they were legal in my state.

• Global Moderator
Why isnt it?
If its a minimum distance rquirement, a secondary flush set like the ones @wickedtwister makes could keep you legal

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator
Why isnt it? If its a minimum distance rquirement, a secondary flush set like the ones @wickedtwister makes could keep you legal
Turn signals have to be nine inches apart here. If I have have them anyway I cannot see the point in doing an integrated tail light. 

• Global Moderator

I did it mainly for the stop alert type brake lamp. Also theres more visibility.

I have it on mine because ive nearly been rear ended while making right turns off of main streets.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23HZX6eCzTzd0V3VDlDQUVHVmc/view?usp=docslist_api

I remember splicing them or maybe it was just the license plate light for the tail tidy. I can't remember now. I do remember that I didn't feed the wires through the tail tidy correctly the first time and had to take it back off and reinstall. My smaller turn signals up front worked fine with the Motodynamic tail light and I did not have to use a relay to fix any fast blinking issue.

• Global Moderator
I remember splicing them or maybe it was just the license plate light for the tail tidy. I can't remember now. I do remember that I didn't feed the wires through the tail tidy correctly the first time and had to take it back off and reinstall. My smaller turn signals up front worked fine with the Motodynamic tail light and I did not have to use a relay to fix any fast blinking issue.
Splicing was only necessary for the tag lamp on the tail tidy as far as im aware, and unless you aren't using the resistor for the turn signals, there is no need for splicing or soldering on the tail-lamp install

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

There was another member here who had a review of the motodynamic tail light said it wasn't as visible as the stock one which I can understand as there are less LEDs. This is the main reason I developed my own led panels. In my personal panels I have running, brake, and turn signals all on a array of 9 super bright red LEDs.

I got this one. Hasn't come in yet but I will make a thread when it does with pics. 

integratedlight.JPG

Yes I want to see the install as I am looking at getting this one also

Archived