Sign in to follow this  
ericpev

My new Yoshimura came like this

ericpev
**Update**
In case you don't end up reading my later post, it ended up just being some bond or silicone that I was able to remove with a little rubbing alcohol. Big ups to Yoshimura for great customer service and a great sounding pipe!

I must have the worst luck with exhausts. Returned an Ixil due to scrapes and opted for a yoshi. Yoshi just came in, got the bike apart and was ready to install but found THIS. What do you guys think? Honestly debating just keeping it at this point. What would you do? Keeping in mind that these are on back order until May so Im not sure id get a replacement right away.

hLqwaIJ.jpg

pantheraleo
Return it. You paid for a new one. Mine came encased in foam, so I don't see how this could have happened during shipment....

Guru
Yes, definitely return it or you are going to regret it. It is only some time you are loosing but the damage will be an eye sore as long as you have the bike.

Kwaipuak
When in the mounted position, how easy is it to see? IF it as glaring I would return it, if it wasn't I would ask for a discount and spend that on more mods.
  • Like 1

wingnutted
Return it. Especially if those marks go deep enough that it could start to de-laminate down the road....

rubberbandman72
Looks like the "marks" are just adhesive used in the production process that should have gotten cleaned off but probably went unnoticed. Not structurally compromised. I'd install it as long as it is not visible once installed.

SkH
Looks like the silicone they use on either side of the muffler.  It should rub off with some alcohol.

You send it away to have a repack, chances are you'll see a bunch of that on your muffler when you get it back. 

ericpev
Thanks to all those that responded. For those that suggested it was just glue, a HUGE THANK YOU!!! Sure enough it came off with a little alcohol and elbow grease. I'm ecstatic! Yoshimura was great when I called them up about the issue before I knew it was fixable. They were going to take care of it right away. Thanks guys!
  • Like 2