The MT-07 Forum

So it was bound to happen at some point...

haze87

I dropped her today while headed to work. I was preparing to make a right hand turn and a truck was turning left from the opposite side of the road. I saw him and was slowing (not stopping) to let him get through his turn. I guess I scared him because right after he hit the apex of his turn he slammed on his brakes (I guess he thought I was pushing through the turn, in reality I was still about 20 feet away and going 15mph). Him stopping about 20 feet in front of me caused me to brake and come to a complete stop. Unfortunately, as I was putting my right foot down (on shoulder, declining surface), my foot slipped and that was all she wrote. It went down and I was a little pissed off, picked her up, got her running and parked at work.

I have sliders, but the right fuel tank panel (pearl white) had black scrape marks. I did my best to rub / scrape them off when I parked, but to no avail. An hour or so later a buddy of mine and I went to check on her. He was able to rub / scrape it off with his finger nails and there was no damage at all to the actual paint / plastic. I was so relieved. All that came of it was a small scrape to the right frame slider and front right axle slider.

Thanks OES :) Hopefully that wont be tested again anytime soon!

• Premium Member

glad nothing major got damaged, I also have those sliders so it's good to know they help!

Thanks guys, Bike was all good and I walked away with a dose of humility and a little less pride! Live and learn. Loving the bike!

• Premium Member
Thanks guys, Bike was all good and I walked away with a dose of humility and a little less pride! Live and learn. Loving the bike!
LOL I can testify to the humility thing -- I didn't drop mine (knocks on wood) but get a little "aggressive" letting out the clutch in first last night and killing the engine in a spectacularly jerky motion, at a light in front of several people.  Thank goodness for dark visors!

• Premium Member

Bummer man, but at least these bikes are tough and you're no worse off.

Not gonna mention how many times I've dropped mine...

Everything went braap.

Archived