The MT-07 Forum

EVMotorcycles are gonna take over. I'm ok with that.

Cruizin

I just want Tesla to actually build their own bike. Their cars are the sickest electrics out there.
Not gonna happen, sorry to say. Elon Musk confirmed it's not on their list of things to do. :-/ 
The rwd P85 is powerful enough to shut down most 600cc bikes on freeway onramps and the P85D is significantly faster. 

Not that I've done any of those things while servicing the vehicles........ (rofl)

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

You left out the best EV bike out there or at least the sickest dirtbike the KTM Freeride E. Only like $14,000 price range and not available in the USA yet.
for street use, I'll always want a petrol bike. I don't trust people in cars not being able to hear me coming. 

But the freeride E is SO SICK. Would definitely purchase one if it came to the US. But sh!t it's even hard enough to find a petrol freeride here.

'15 FZ-07

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

My question is what's worse, oil and carbon dioxide or billions of leaking batteries scattered all over the earth? Plus batteries only have about a one year life span here in the desert, maybe 2 at best. Those things are hella expensive to replace for golf carts, cars and I can only imagine what they would charge for something that is considered a "luxury". GTO for life baby, GAS, TIRES & OIL.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

My question is what's worse, oil and carbon dioxide or billions of leaking batteries scattered all over the earth? Plus batteries only have about a one year life span here in the desert, maybe 2 at best. Those things are hella expensive to replace for golf carts, cars and I can only imagine what they would charge for something that is considered a "luxury". GTO for life baby, GAS, TIRES & OIL.
Lithium batteries?

'15 FZ-07

Depending on where you live (your residential power) EV is worse for the environment than gas. I really don't care though.

Its just the sound and the shifting. I own a 2013 car with a manual shifter.

I love the sound of a motorcycle. I love shifting.

Dirtbike EV I'll give a pass because I could care less about the noise in dirtbiking. But when it comes to stirring the soul, gas powered motorcycle and shifting or nothing. Ever. Won't change my mind about it. Cars, I'm fine with it but I will still own one manual shifter gas powered car unless they pry it from my dead hands.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Lithium batteries?
They do a little better out here but still get zapped by the 115 - 125 degree temps out here.  But then again, so do us humans lol.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

You would be batter with a rain powered vehicle here in the UK. ;) ;)

Hydrogen, now yer talkin

Saw this up at Chubby's, a local wing joint. Very cool!20150401_183709.jpg

87' Honda VFR 700 F2 (sold)
03' Honda CBR F4I (donated)
05' Yamaha R1 (sold)
15' FZ-o7

fooschnickens
Lithium batteries?
They still have to be manufactured, and subsequently recycled once their life cycle is completed. Both processes are extremely involved and have their fair share of toxic byproducts, not much unlike any other industrial process (oil refining, mineral extraction, etc). Goes back to the "no free lunch" concept. Sure they're new and shiny and pretty awesome, but sustainability has to be first and foremost when adopting new technology, especially when its largest deposits are located in only a handful of countries scattered around the world. 

Lithium batteries?
They still have to be manufactured, and subsequently recycled once their life cycle is completed. Both processes are extremely involved and have their fair share of toxic byproducts, not much unlike any other industrial process (oil refining, mineral extraction, etc). Goes back to the "no free lunch" concept. Sure they're new and shiny and pretty awesome, but sustainability has to be first and foremost when adopting new technology, especially when its largest deposits are located in only a handful of countries scattered around the world.
you're not wrong there, that's for sure.  
However, there's a pretty big lithium source pretty close to where Tesla's new gigafactory is being built. Strategic placement? maybe. That would certainly cut down on shipping costs instead of sourcing from South America or elsewhere. 

'15 FZ-07

As great as that color scheme looks, I would never be able to pull it off or be brave enough to sport it.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
phicurious86

I've got a date with a Zero SR this Friday! Hoping sparks will fly...

That black Zero SR on the top of the website is very hot ... can see myself maybe eventually getting a Livewire or something similar once costs go down. The noise is important to me with the distracted driving these days and like the Livewire in that regard.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Holy sh!t that little zero sr pulls! You don't even see it coming either, since the damned thing is like a little ninja. Got my test ride today and rode it around 7ish miles. Finally got a good open stretch of road with no other cars or police hiding spots and pulled back the throttle... stomach immediately smacked into my spine. They were not kidding about 0-60 in 3.5 secs.

I'll post some pictures in just a bit. Unfortunately I didn't get one of the belt. Freakin' kevlar and silent as a grave.

P1000554_zpspou5ongl.jpg

P1000555_zpshtujaqll.jpg

P1000558_zps65vs3ukc.jpg

P1000556_zpszzsnjn2w.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Global Moderator

I saw these at the Barcelona Auto Show. 
e0a33976687e2376c7b02c7779f37188_zpsolwirkpj.jpg0b6eaaa1b26948068770269dfa9dda1f_zpsmcasohsl.jpg9fe2411705dc04388e3cd9ffc3989b43_zpstphrsa4g.jpg

For me and the majority of my riding an electric would be best. I really looked hard at the zero but at 15k it was out of my price range.

I think a 200 mile range and a less than 30min charge time would be a big selling point for most riders.

Archived