The MT-07 Forum

Anyone found a good phone mount?

cmar143

Just got a new FZ-07 last week and love it so far. I got rid of the huge rear fender with a tail tidy kit off ebay and have a windshield on the way cause commuting to work on the highway is a lot windier then what im used to. Anyway I am wondering of anyone has found a good phone mount kit that works well and doesnt block the gauges or controls up on the bars? There are alot of them out there but from what ive found with other bikes some work and some dont so well and the best thing to do is get feedback from other riders with the same bike. This is my 4th bike and first Yamaha. At 44 years old im not looking to do 165mph or pay $2000 a year in insurance so this bike fit right into that niche for me. Anyway any feedback on that phone holder would be great. Thanks!

TwistedTorque

Ram mounts. I have one in my car but all my riding buddies use ram mounts for everything bike related. It's also pretty damn adjustable.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

My pocket, It fits the phone quite nicely for easy access.

• Like 2

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

+1 on the Ram mount. They make a holder for about every phone out there and mounts that can be used just about anywhere you want. I have found the clutch perch and handlebar clamp mounts work really well. The clutch perch puts the phone in an easy spot to access with your left hand and the handlebar clamp position can put it more centered in your field of view. Either works great.

• Like 1

The ram mounts are good but you need a straight piece to clamp it to. On this bike the bars fall off pretty close to the mirrors and then the gauges are in the way. I have found a couple that look like they may work but you can never tell until you actually try it. And pocket is fine until you want to change the music track or station on the highway and you drop it.

+1 on the Ram mount. They make a holder for about every phone out there and mounts that can be used just about anywhere you want. I have found the clutch perch and handlebar clamp mounts work really well. The clutch perch puts the phone in an easy spot to access with your left hand and the handlebar clamp position can put it more centered in your field of view. Either works great.
I will have to check that one out...thanks

• Premium Member

I have a Lifeproof waterproof case, so use the Lifeproof handlebar mount. But I actually attach it to the base of the mirror stalk. It fits there perfectly. Last time I rode during a downpour my friend's iphone in his pocket was destroyed while mine was dry as a bone in that case.

I can't speak enough how awesome RAM mounts are. If you want a phone / gps holder get a ram mount. It can hold go pro too. I use the X-Grip ram mount attachment.

• Like 1

Here is how I have my Ram mounted on my handlebars. I have a USB power plug mounted on the windscreen right behind the Ram mount in the picture.

20150307013154-9af304aa-la.jpg

Have since removed the camera mounted next to it. I figured it would be too bouncy and it was.

I picked up this Cortech tank bag a couple months ago and I really like it. I'm not really a fan of having a bunch of clutter on the handlebars.  It has a see through pouch for your phone and a pouch for wallet, keys, granola bar, etc.
16356109745_850596cf52_b.jpg
16168756170_8c799d597c_b.jpg

• Like 1

I would recommend you go with the Ram Mount. Its easy to install works perfectly and conforms to any position you want. When not in use I loosen it up and fold it behind the bars it's like it's not even there.

I picked up this Cortech tank bag a couple months ago and I really like it. I'm not really a fan of having a bunch of clutter on the handlebars.  It has a see through pouch for your phone and a pouch for wallet, keys, granola bar, etc. 16356109745_850596cf52_b.jpg

What mods you got done to that sick jeep in the background? Lol

My daughter loves the one we have for her.

I picked up this Cortech tank bag a couple months ago and I really like it. I'm not really a fan of having a bunch of clutter on the handlebars.  It has a see through pouch for your phone and a pouch for wallet, keys, granola bar, etc. 

What mods you got done to that sick jeep in the background? Lol 
My daughter loves the one we have for her.
A 24v volt conversion has been considered but it's still stock right now.

I use the quadlock phone mount. Really easy and it doubles as a phone case while you're off the bike. Also comes with a rain guard that fits over the phone and case real nicely. A tad pricey but totally worth it.

I picked up this Cortech tank bag a couple months ago and I really like it. I'm not really a fan of having a bunch of clutter on the handlebars.  It has a see through pouch for your phone and a pouch for wallet, keys, granola bar, etc. 16356109745_850596cf52_b.jpg
I was gonna buy that but decided on a tail bag

I was gonna buy that but decided on a tail bag
Why not get both? 
16168754850_7287fff853_b.jpg

Thanks for the replies...went with the cortech bag as I have a gate and garage door clicker so it was the best choice I think.

fooschnickens
c96d8b92792e20c611ad27d483865ef0.jpg
Details on your setup, please. That's exactly where I want my phone to sit but haven't been able to figure out how to go about doing it based on product pictures alone. 

c96d8b92792e20c611ad27d483865ef0.jpg
Details on your setup, please. That's exactly where I want my phone to sit but haven't been able to figure out how to go about doing it based on product pictures alone. 
Install U-Ball under digital box on right side. Then use the 3 or 4 inch clamp to attach phone holder.

ae413a4613e1f349c524fb43ba315102.jpg7de73d9a96ce9c4374bb80e0fd74a268.jpg91ac424ce2b6641cd3bf9892fc20c9ca.jpg
  • Like 2

fooschnickens

Install U-Ball under digital box on right side. Then use the 3 or 4 inch clamp to attach phone holder.

That's perfect, exactly what I needed to see! I'd recommend getting the H&B cluster riser, will give you a bit more clearance to keep things from rubbing against each other. 

• 4 months later...

I tried the Ram Mount U bolt at the dealer, but I couldn't find room for it to fit on the handlebar. How did you guys mount it on the handle bar?