The MT-07 Forum

Anyone found a good phone mount?

cmar143

• Premium Member
I have a Lifeproof waterproof case, so use the Lifeproof handlebar mount. But I actually attach it to the base of the mirror stalk. It fits there perfectly. Last time I rode during a downpour my friend's iphone in his pocket was destroyed while mine was dry as a bone in that case.
Exactly what I did, works great and really inexpensive (since I already had the case on it any only needed to buy the bike mount). I also wrapped a zip tie around the mount lock, to eliminate the possibility of the latch popping open. 
Mine is on attached to the clutch side, so I can hit the iphone main button with my thumb to activate voice control without taking my hand off the grip - it is paired with my Sena 3s.

I also ordered the bluetooth Satechi Media button for quick pause, volume and music track control since voice control or touchscreen with gloves can be problematic at times. 

bmwpowere36m3
I tried the Ram Mount U bolt at the dealer, but I couldn't find room for it to fit on the handlebar. How did you guys mount it on the handle bar?
Just inboard of the clutch perch... ball pointing up. Definitely a tight fit. I have a 4 in, IIRC, arm so the phone sits really high up and I can't angle it down/inboard much.  I'll be exploring other options once I switch out my handlebars. I'd love for it to sit sideways (landscape-style) just above the instrument panel. 

• Premium Member

@hypnotik

I like that tank bag, think I may get one for myself. Do you recall which model or whatever it is?

I need to make sure my phone will fit. I recently got an LG G4 and it's more of a tablet than a phone. I assume that little viewing compartment is not waterproof? Thanks!

Everything went braap.

• 10 months later...
@hypnotik  
I like that tank bag, think I may get one for myself. Do you recall which model or whatever it is?

I need to make sure my phone will fit. I recently got an LG G4 and it's more of a tablet than a phone. I assume that little viewing compartment is not waterproof? Thanks!

I realize this is creeping on a year old, but..

Here is the tank bag on revzilla with hypnotik's review

and here is the tank bag cheaper on amazon

Think I will be getting one of these. My question is how does it unsnap, easily to be able to get gas?
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
I'm pretty satisfied with this RAM rip-off.  It attaches with the mirror mount. 

eBay RAM Rip-Off

purchased this off amazon, and must say I am pleasantly surprised at the quality. Never had the ram xgrip mount and thanks to this dont think I ever will(hopefully) time will tell on durability. 

bmwpowere36m3

Ram X-Grip here... in my car and both motorcycles (one used for trail/enduro). No complaints and never a dropped/lost phone. Are they the best? Maybe, maybe not... they work well, solid reviews, US-made and not too expensive. They just work.

• 2 years later...

I know this is a really old thread, but I ended up here while looking for a mount, so I figured I'd report my experience in case it helps somebody in future. I bought one of these cheap knock-off mounts for about $15 off AliExpress. I got the one with the U-bolt attachment, and couldn't fit it anywhere on the handlebar. It sort of fit protruding forward beneath the dash, but the swivel wasn't long enough to allow the phone to face toward me.

I ended up mounting it to the mirror stem. It came with a long strip of rubber which I used to wrap around the mirror plastic to avoid scratching it up. It seemed to do the trick. Feels reasonably stable and seems like it should stay together. There's a good degree of motion and it's easy to adjust, but it protrudes out a bit more than I would have preferred. I'll have to see how it fares at motorway speeds. 

Anyway, not bad for fifteen bucks.

KaEcWoz.jpg
IMGUR.COM

Post with 0 votes and 0 views.

Edited by mule

NikitaUCLA

Reluctantly, I purchased RAM mounts because it works. It's overpriced though.

I have used the RAM mounts for my iPhone, Action Camera, and a bicycle daytime running light. The daytime running light keeps me safe by forcing oncoming traffic to notice me. 

I bought this on Amazon and am very happy with it:

Techmount 4-Techgripper - Universal Cell Phone, GPS and MP3 Grippe

20190316_155429.jpg