The MT-07 Forum

Boots and boots!

ebmike88

• Premium Member

Nope, @skeeterh, I can't say I have that problem. How long have you had yours?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Less than a month or just around a month. Hmm, wonder if I should just contact revzilla and let them know of my issue since the last time I reviewed something poorly they got in touch with me and offered an exchange.

Would mean I have to wear my Doc Martens or Army Boots for a few weeks or a month though.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
Less than a month or just around a month. Hmm, wonder if I should just contact revzilla and let them know of my issue since the last time I reviewed something poorly they got in touch with me and offered an exchange. 
Would mean I have to wear my Doc Martens or Army Boots for a few weeks or a month though.
I would. Don't want to resent getting a pair you're unhappy with. I'd try and see what Revzilla can do, cus they do cost a pretty penny.

fromthecage

I've got the Joe Rocket Atomic boots. They fit well, but had a light amount of excessive material in the toe box. After break-in however I don't feel it anymore. Been commuting in them for about 6 months and they are still holding up great. They are confortable to do some small walking around in and tough enough to feel like they offer a good bit of protection. Some people may not like the agressive toe slider look though.

• 3 weeks later...
I would. Don't want to resent getting a pair you're unhappy with. I'd try and see what Revzilla can do, cus they do cost a pretty penny.

Not long after I posted, I contacted revzilla, they gave me a prepaid return label link for a warranty send in.  After they got it, they sent it to Stylmartin.  I just got an email today saying Stylmartin decided to replace the boots with new ones.  Which just means to order new ones from Revzilla with a premade link to the boots in checkout with the cost credit applied (so it comes out to zero dollars).  So yeah, overall the entire process took less than a month.  Will get new boots in about 3-4 days.  Only problem is I have to rebreak them in.  

Revzilla consistently has some great customer service.  Here is the funny thing though they credited back 10 zilla cash, and I'm not paying anything for the replacement, so I'm getting another free 10 dollar credit to revzilla?  Strange.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

Ha. Seems you found yourself a glitch in their system! Enjoy!

Hello all! Need help picking out a pair of riding boots. Looking for a nice pair of riding boots but can also be worn around town and in the office. Any suggestions?

The best Boots I have worn for riding protection if I wreck, looks and being comfortable walking in are the Sidi Canyon Goretex. Completely waterproof, I tested em already.

I have a pair of Tourmaster Solution 2.0. They are very comfortable and not very expensive.
I may go look at a pair of these this weekend.  

• 5 months later...

I wear whatever.....mainly flip flops or toe shoes. Lol!!!!!! Seriously though I use Belleville USMC boots. For the hot days Belleville Xero One 620 due to the fact they breathe plus they're extremely light weight. They're both combat boots but that's what I like. The 620's and their Army counterpart (320) run about $190 (on their site though you can find them cheaper if you look). The USMC boots are a tougher boot that you can send back to get resoled and a touch more in price. Their boots are awesome IMO. My two pennies.

Go ahead. Pick on the short guy. Wait... I'm short.

I wear my Firstgear Kili Hi or Firstgear Mesh Hi boots in the office. They are pretty low-key outside of the reflective patch on the back and a bit of contrast stitching.

Stylmartin makes some beeeyouuuuuutiful boots. I would love a pair, but just can't afford them right now. I will happily look at pictures of people wearing them though. :)

I'm going to guess the people saying work or combat boots are fine have never crashed and ended up with their leg under their bike and/or took a good tumble.

I used to wear the alpine ridge boots on the street. They're subtle under jeans, comfortable enough to hike around in all day, quick and easy to get on and off, and they protected me well in a couple different get offs. They look like this:

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/product/alpinestars-ridge-wp-boots/020-3402-0306.aspx?gdftrk=gdfV24902_a_7c27_a_7c165_a_7c020_d_3402_d_0309&jt=1&jap=1o3&js=1&jsid=36240&jcpid=8a8ae4cd474c1cca01474dc3a608277e&jkId=gcp:se_36240:pp_24059816520:ag_1827730800:cp_59960280:n_g:d_c:cr_6540341880&gclid=CKSn_Pm0x8gCFYZgfgodT4wPLQ

Now I wear an old pair of Sidi Vertigos I retired from track/race duty, because they're beefier in protection and the perforation is way less hot in the summer, but I really loved those ridge boots for commuter duty.

Published 'Chronicles of a Motorcycle Gypsy' a book about my travels on the FZ, and a writer for Motorcyclist Magazine

I've worn Harley-Davidson "Elowen" boots almost every day since buying the bike. Super comfy and they sit nicely on the pegs. Not exactly high-end protection, but they sure look cute.

One major downside: the inside zippers are scuffing the shiny protector plate things on the side of the bike. Boo. But I'll get higher-end boots eventually and will probably powder coat those pieces black sometime in the future to cover up the damage.

If you care only about looks and walking comfort there is a heap of boots available. If you want something that will actually protect you lower leg, foot and most-commonly seriously injured ankle, you need a pair of boots that go up over the Calf muscle and have a structurally articulated ankle. Look like motorcycle boots but you won't end up with a fused ankle like my girlfriend ( was wearing old style soft ankle boots).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

If you care only about looks and walking comfort there is a heap of boots available. If you want something that will actually protect you lower leg, foot and most-commonly seriously injured ankle, you need a pair of boots that go up over the Calf muscle and have a structurally articulated ankle. Look like motorcycle boots but you won't end up with a fused ankle like my girlfriend ( was wearing old style soft ankle boots).

I always thought a sturdy leather boot was all one needed. Motorcycle boots (real ones) were for the guys and gals knee dragging on the track. Never truly researched it to be honest. I'm researching it now though. Points out the weakness in my gear. I layed a bike down about 5 years ago trying to miss a car that swerved head on in my lane. That incident made me take gear seriously being the only gear I technically had on was a helmet. But didn't look into gear for my dern feet. Just thought regular boots were good. I'll be getting some real riding boots now though.

That's one of the reasons I love this forum. Folks sharing knowledge and experiences. Good people here.

Also, I do hope all is well with your girlfriend.

Go ahead. Pick on the short guy. Wait... I'm short.

Sally did her ankle a few years ago now. She didn't even know that articulated bots existed until I showed them to her. Honestly, you are more likely to smash stuff up on the road than the tracks for a thousand reasons ( tracks are MADE and DESIGNED to allow you to crash as safely as possible). Armco is proof that roads are designed to damage motorcyclists as much as possible.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-adventure-gore-tex-boots#size_chart_tab
Thinking of pulling the trigger on these. Expensive as all hell but for the investment I think it might be worth it.
 I have theses now http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-square-sport-wp-boots they are great but I don't think they would hold up if I need them too.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member
I just wear a pair of Red Wing steel toe boots. They're my work boots but have pulled double duty really well.
+1 for Red Wings.

Archived