The MT-07 Forum

Went with Graves Exhaust

hellobatman

hellobatman

I went ahead and got my Graves Exhaust kit along with the PCV loaded with their map. The bike is still a baby...200ish miles, so I'm waiting to get passed the break in period to put it all on. Would it hurt to do it sooner than the 600mi break in? Let me know. Included a pic of the can, it's a beautiful piece of work, as is all the piping and welds too.

20150312_180435.jpg

• Premium Member

I haven't heard too much about Graves. If doesn't require any fuel solutions with that setup I would say go for it. If it was me I would wait for 600. I didn't fully enjoy my bike until after my first service anyway as I did the factory recommended break-in. Let us know how it sounds/looks!

• Global Moderator

I do not think it matters if you do the install now. Having said that I think I would wait too. It will motivate you to get out riding and you will have a better feel for how the new exhaust improves the bike. Do not forget to post photos when you do it!

hellobatman
To the OP, 
can u take a few pics of the pipes especially near the welds? I would love to see that, thanks.  8-|/"
I'll do it this afternoon.  

hellobatman

Hope these do for now. I'll post more once it's installed, hopefully very soon. Let me know what you guys think.
20150323_170328.jpg20150323_170312.jpg20150323_17030_edit_1427148597919.jpg

• Premium Member

Beautiful welds, I think that will burn in really nice!
It looks like they do some real engineering on their header tube shape.  That's a good sign.

Why can't left turners see us?

hellobatman
Nice, i bet you cant wait to get that installed
You bet! Haha I'll be out riding trying to get this break in period over with to get it all on. Unfortunately there's only one vid on youtube of this setup, so I'm anxiously waiting to hear it for myself as well as post some clips for others. 

Break in? What's that?? I know you've got 3 or 4 good heat cycles on it, install that puppy and lets hear it!!! Great looking pipe btw, I was at the Graves site this morning, their rear sets look good to for $350.

hellobatman

A bit over a grand including the power commander. I don't mind paying for quality though. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Albeit maybe a little steep on the pricing, but it fit the looks and sound I wanted based on the vid I saw.

I got the Graves also and the EJK and are installing them now. The quality of the Graves exhaust is excellent and I've only started it up but it sounds great.

hellobatman

Well I got passed my break in and went ahead and installed the exhaust and pcv. Man I'm thoroughly impressed. The bike sounds amazing now. I'll update ASAP when I get a video made. For now here are some pics. Sorry for the quality, I'll get some better ones soon.

20150326_164636_zpseneyrkfp.jpg20150326_164907_zpsd09xvxcf.jpg

• 1 month later...
outcrydrummer

I just ordered the graves exhaust with the dobeck ejk last week. Cant wait to get it in and hear that sucker.

Cant say enough good thing about the guys at dobeck performance. Awesome customer service and i got the ejk with the exhaust for 1110 free shipping......exhaust alone on other sites is 1k....

Pics and vids once its installed.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to thread jack a bit, but I figured I'd keep it all on one thread. I have the Graves system on my bike (along with a Power Commander V) and couldn't be happier with the fit and finish and sound. The video below is with the baffle out, but I put it back in after a day because it was just a bit too loud without it for my taste. 

Anyway, here's a clip from my cell phone! 

[instagram url=http://instagr.am/p/48V42NkmYW]

And a pic for reference :) 

BiDFzQKerUot6QjliVmAmHSeCJaELKBA1Sh9QVtWL_s=w1024-h683-no

• 3 weeks later...
coryb232, how difficult is it to remove and install the baffle ?
Not at all, but you do need to remove the muffler portion to do it since the hole (with rubber plug) that gives you access to the allen bolt is on the inside near the swingarm, so it has to come off to make it accessible. 
No big deal though. Then you can just go out and do this: 

11703582_10154076609804119_837205893590533281_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived