Sign in to follow this  
ireek

Removing MT07 Passenger Pegs

phanomenal07
On 9/21/2014 at 10:32 PM, trebec said:

If you take a bolt from the passenger peg and flip the reservoir around 180 you don't have to fab or make anything and looks nice and clean. Kinda like this 

15129660738_efaa7d06da_h.jpg

Same question. Do anybody see if this present any issues? This seems to be the best solution.

guylee

Someone posted a link in another thread to a bracket that puts the reservoir up by the rear shock and it looks SUPER clean.  

r1limited
43 minutes ago, guylee said:

Someone posted a link in another thread to a bracket that puts the reservoir up by the rear shock and it looks SUPER clean.  

Easy 10 min swap

https://www.amazon.com/Vagabond-Motorsports-VM-Y702-Reservoir-Relocation/dp/B00PPQE1OA

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

DewMan

Here's a link to the Vagabond Motorsports Rear Brake Reservoir Relocation Kit  

I think there are a couple other options available that I can't think of at the moment. 

here's a post walking through the installation of the vagabond  kit:

Edited by DewMan
add link

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

guylee

There it is. Thanks gents.

phanomenal07
On 7/16/2014 at 8:56 PM, ireek said:

For those folks that do not take passengers on their bike's, I found a quick and easy way to remove the passenger pegs, I used one of the reflector brackets off of the front brake caliper and made a nice little bracket for the rear brake reservoir, looks pretty jazzy if I must say so myself.  Pics in the morning, it's a little dark now.

Have anyone experienced any issues don’t ng this at all? I think I’m going to try this. Seems to be an easy solution 

r1limited

Posted the vagabond Posted Friday at 06:19 PM

Go to any DiY hardware store, you can find little black or chrome plugs to snap into them holes :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

phanomenal07

Used the reflector bracket

D39C677E-1C58-4C60-AE63-6346B610DEB2.jpeg

bhales

Just completed today and am curious if you’ve had any problems?  

EBD4318A-1CFA-49A4-8337-57F9C37F5A45.jpeg

wrxer

Had one of these brackets--cant remember the name..I'm sure if you search my old posts you will find it.  Then I removed it & installed some Sato race hooks which include a relocate bracket.

rgrgrg.JPG

regerg.JPG

bhales

Thanks for reply!  I’m ok with the looks as is-just concerned about the pressure on the hose/line having it curved like I do?

geophb

I just modified the bracket from the front wheel reflector I took off, then shortened the hose and mounted the reservoir up under air box.  It was free and I didn't like the purchased bracket (pictured above), looks like its just dangling in the wind.  

image.png.548f4aa88a65c8a7740222a8e71c41fc.png

Edited by geophb
uploaded pic
  • Like 1