The MT-07 Forum

footpegs

wr250x

Anyone changing these?
Coming from my wrx I'm use to the metal teeth version. And if they get wet wouldn't these rubber ones be slippery?

Sure loving this bike :)

Depends on what your boot soles are like and how hard you push on the footpegs while riding.
My foot has slipped a few times, but I'm still alive.
I do want to install all-metal serrated footpegs on my FZ-07.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I wonder if the rubber on the pegs dampens some of the vibration.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Theoretically it must dampen vibration to some extent, given the properties of the material.

They seem fine to me but I wear oil/slip resistant boots so that might help.

Everything went braap.

• 2 weeks later...

My only problem with the pegs and it isn't a big issue, so far, is the placement of them. I have a 30 in. inseam and where I naturally put my legs/feet my legs are always against the end of the pegs unless I purposely slide my feet forward of the pegs where nothing is touching my leg. I have had my pant leg get hung up a couple times momentarily on a peg while putting my feet down and that could've went bad had the bike tipped in the same direction as the peg and I not be able to throw my foot out to stop the fall. I've heard others complain about the same thing.

Beemer

My only problem with the pegs and it isn't a big issue, so far, is the placement of them. I have a 30 in. inseam and where I naturally put my legs/feet my legs are always against the end of the pegs unless I purposely slide my feet forward of the pegs where nothing is touching my leg. I have had my pant leg get hung up a couple times momentarily on a peg while putting my feet down and that could've went bad had the bike tipped in the same direction as the peg and I not be able to throw my foot out to stop the fall. I've heard others complain about the same thing.

One of the reasons I almost went with the cb500f. I felt more comfortable standing with it. If I wear my pants inside my boots it sometimes snags the top. But after a couple times I learned to avoid it.

One of the reasons I almost went with the cb500f. I felt more comfortable standing with it. If I wear my pants inside my boots it sometimes snags the top. But after a couple times I learned to avoid it.
What also annoys me is that little rod that is at the end of the pegs on the under side. I get pant legs snagged on that. I'm either cutting it off or getting dif. pegs. I don't see that it serves any purpose other than to annoy or cause a bike fall over anyway.

Beemer

Guest unknown
What also annoys me is that little rod that is at the end of the pegs on the under side. I get pant legs snagged on that. I'm either cutting it off or getting dif. pegs. I don't see that it serves any purpose other than to annoy or cause a bike fall over anyway.
That's the peg feeler. It can be removed with an 8 or 10mm (I think one of those are the right size) wrench really easily. 

That's the peg feeler. It can be removed with an 8 or 10mm (I think one of those are the right size) wrench really easily.
Thanks!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Yeah, don't cut it lol.. it's threaded on. Simple fix as stated above.

Everything went braap.

I changed mine out. I went with these adjustable ones so I could try out different positions.

footpegs
The good.My feet don't hit them when trying to put my foot down anymore.It puts my feet further back under my legs which coming from dirt bikes and sport bikes, I am more comfortable with.Eases pressure on my rear during long rides slightly. Yes, my bum still hurts just not as bad.
The bad.The shifter and brake are not adjustable so I now have to move my foot forward quite a bit to shift or use the rear brake. I have relatively small feet. I feel thatif you had longer feet this may not be an issue.
The jury is still out on this mod. I may go back the the rubberized stock pegs, or spend the money on real rearsets.
*edit* apparently I suck at the internet and my link doesn't work. Any way, if you ebay search FZ-07 adjustable foot pegs they will come up. I bought the M-Factory brand.KGrHqNHJFYFG99q-4lfBRykgBeLI60_57_zps2f0komxf.jpg'>link

The warning pegs certainly saved my butt when I took it to the canyons a few weeks ago.. I've been a commuter for 6 years so didn't have much experience with twisties and I guess my body position is terrible so I scraped the pegs numerous times which caused me to not lean any further since it scared the crap out of me.. So I guess for the inexperienced it's good to leave on so it warns you when you're almost at the limit, but for experienced peeps I guess it's a good idea to take them off.

Yeah, don't cut it lol.. it's threaded on. Simple fix as stated above.
Haaa! I wasn't really going to cut it off, I was just annoyed about it when I said that. You know, like when you can't perform you shout out, "I'll just cut the damn thing off!" but you really don't mean it.  (rofl)

Beemer

Guest unknown
The warning pegs certainly saved my butt when I took it to the canyons a few weeks ago.. I've been a commuter for 6 years so didn't have much experience with twisties and I guess my body position is terrible so I scraped the pegs numerous times which caused me to not lean any further since it scared the crap out of me.. So I guess for the inexperienced it's good to leave on so it warns you when you're almost at the limit, but for experienced peeps I guess it's a good idea to take them off.
Don't worry about those peg feelers. You still have a ways to go before you are at the limit on stock tires. Even dragging the feelers didn't get rid of the chicken strip on the track. As long as you are at least on the centerline or lower of the bike through a turn, you shouldn't have an issue. I've dragged the actual peg a few times and still feel like I had some lean angle left. 

Don't worry about those peg feelers. You still have a ways to go before you are at the limit on stock tires. Even dragging the feelers didn't get rid of the chicken strip on the track. As long as you are at least on the centerline or lower of the bike through a turn, you shouldn't have an issue. I've dragged the actual peg a few times and still feel like I had some lean angle left.
I'll probably never want to see what the limit is lol.  I was actually surprised that most of my chicken strips went away after the numerous unexpected scrapes that day, it went from being 2 inches to about 1/4" on one side and about 1/2" on the other side! Now to build up my 2 inches again til i get the courage to take it up the mountain again haha.

Archived