The MT-07 Forum

Best/cheapest California insurance

capaladj

So every place I call the insurance is about $100/month. Is this normal? When I was in Florida I was paying $40/month for full coverage on my Yamaha R1. I have had my motorcycle endorsement for 10 years and I was a MSF Rider Coach.

Man, that was higher than the others..lol I just got off the phone though with Farmers, and so far they are the lowest so I guess I will go with them, $780/year.

• Premium Member

Dairyland may be cheap in many cases but check out their reviews. You could get smacked with some huuuuuge fees in a multiple car wreck, or if someone is injured and you have the bare minimum in coverage.

Everything went braap.

I ended up going with farmers, dairyland was oddly really high for me. It was like 2.5k a year!!!! I have no accidents, am 34 yrs old, was even a MSF Rider Coach!

So every place I call the insurance is about $100/month. Is this normal? When I was in Florida I was paying $40/month for full coverage on my Yamaha R1. I have had my motorcycle endorsement for 10 years and I was a MSF Rider Coach.
I was just quoted 29 a month in ventura county,ca with (progressive) full coverage 500 deductible, I called around others where 40-50 per month. 
Tickets or a Claim?

California insurance is High

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard really terrible reviews from Dairyland.

Esurance was cheapest for me at about $100. I don't have much riding experience though. They do give you an MSF discount.

Guest brickst3r

AAA was $806 a year for me. They said they mostly go by cc engine size. I got a quote for an R6 which turns out to only be $700 a year. Most of the other companies go by class and the R6 a "supersport" would of cost me over $1,500 a year. But out of progressive, geico, state farm, and farmers none of them could beat AAA for me. Hope this helps anyone else looking, but make sure to call around. The online quotes are kind of off so make sure you talk to someone on the phone or in person.

• 2 weeks later...

Foremost was about half the price as everyone else. Never heard of them before but they are under farmers insurance so I took a chance.

I have culliver insurance $250 up front and $40 a month. Geico made me want to curl up cry. Haha. I'm 30 if it makes a difference and took the msf course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

it doesn't matter if you're an instructor or use to be one. The only thing that will matter is time under your belt. you can have your license for 15yrs and never ridden a motorcycle and get cheaper insurance then others who have ridden less. Its all about time, violations, bike classification. There will be variations on price depending on what coverages you select. For me I don't like high deductibles and have $0 comprehensive and $50 collision on my automobiles. Foremost quoted me $60 a month for this along with uninsured motorist.

suspiciouspackage
Foremost was about half the price as everyone else. Never heard of them before but they are under farmers insurance so I took a chance.
They underwrite for Farmers. I have them too. Mine was mid 60 up front and $62.17/month for full coverage. Best rate I found especially considering this is my first bike, I'm 21, and when I got my insurance, I still didn't have my M1 (I got it a couple days later).

I got 65/mo through Statefarm. Which was about half of what everyone else was quoting me at except Liberty Mutual who was about 10/mo higher.

This is full coverage with 500/500 deductibles.

Dairyland wanted something crazy like 280/mo. Haha

Archived