The MT-07 Forum

New Here

Katherine

Back in October 2014, I took my first bike, a Honda CBR250R to Deals Gap and surrounding roads. I had long outgrown the 250 but had no money for a new bike. Upon encountering an FZ-07 nimbly handling the turns up there in the mountains and following it a ways, I decided on my next bike, and I was dead set on it. haha. Other people would tell me "just go for the 09!" or "Get a Suzuki Gladius!" blah blah, but I knew I wanted that FZ-07 and I saved EVERY DIME I HAD. 

On 3/6/15, I had saved enough money to buy Pearl.

I couldn't be happier. This bike is EVERYTHING I hoped for! Agile, lots of torque, balanced with a good seat height, and just as smooth as can be. I took it to a group ride just a few days after purchasing it, and all of those folks who tried to convince me to get other bikes absolutely ate their words and told me how great my bike matched how I ride. 

LOVE IT.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Katherine! I'm glad to have another lady rider on the forum!

I agree, the 07 is pretty close to perfect.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome, Yay another white! the fz07 is my perfect bike also! but nobody told me not to get it. :P it was pretty much unanimous with my friends.

• Premium Member

Welcome! What whereabouts are you from?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

scordiaboy515

Ciao Katherine,  welcome to the forum.  Love your enthusiasm, I've had mine since August and it still brings a smile to my face whenever I ride it or look at it.. :D

Welcome and congrats on your new bike.

You've pretty much got to post pictures of it at Deals Gap now.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Congrats on the new purchase! While I wouldn't mind a FZ-09 I think the FZ-07 is perfect. Also the in some comparison tests the FZ-07 blew the Gladius/SFV650 out of the water! Pearl is quite a good name for it! Have fun riding!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Archived