The MT-07 Forum

New owner in the Tampa Bay area

haze87

My FZ-07 was delivered on Saturday. I spent a good deal of Saturday and today riding and it was an absolute blast. This is my first bike and I was a little bit intimidated when it came off the truck, but decided that there was no better time but now to hop on and acclimate myself! I put about 125 miles on it this weekend and my level of comfort on the bike became almost second nature. The only downside as of now is that I still have some time to break her in (I know there are a wide variety of methods, I'm just riding her 'normally' for now).

The bike is incredible light, flickable, and it definitely wants to go! I've purchased a ton of accessories already and had the opportunity to install a few. That's really all I have to say about the bike - I'm completely satisfied about the purchase and the Pearl White looks about 10X better in person than it does in any photo. Now I just have to wait until I can throw a new exhaust on her!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome haze87! Congratulations and post some pics when you get the time.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I get my yoshi fender eliminator on Monday, I'll be sure to shoot some pics up here once I get that installed! Thanks for the warm welcome.

• Global Moderator

I am still considering a fender eliminator so I am interested to see your photos.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
This is my first bike and I was a little bit intimidated when it came off the truck, but decided that there was no better time but now to hop on and acclimate myself! I put about 125 miles on it this weekend and my level of comfort on the bike became almost second nature.
Welcome, This describes the exact same way I felt when getting the bike. I imported a 35 kW limiting kit from the UK. I'm going to keep that on a few months just to keep my wrist in check. Here's to many more rides!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

I am still considering a fender eliminator so I am interested to see your photos.
It's delayed until Wednesday unfortunately, but its coming! When I do the install, I will be sure to take plenty of pictures for you.  

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! I was like a "little kid in a candy store" when it came time to get accessories. :)   

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome! I was like a "little kid in a candy store" when it came time to get accessories. :)   
Right? I picked up the IXIL Superflow / EJK deal on here, fender eliminator, sliders, and some additional pieces (magnetic plug, pack for the back, etc). Next step is lights. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, please don't hesitate. I'm mainly looking for something a bit more low profile for my indicators. I also am on the waitlist for the integrated tail light / indicator in the lighting thread. What can I do about my front indicators? I've seen a few things, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything. 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I have not done anything with the turn signals yet, but I am considering these for the front since they have a three wire setup and are a turn signal with daytime running lights:www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/lightech-integrated-led-turn-signal
The front stock turn signals are a three wire setup since they function as a turn signal and daytime running lights. The LED's I am considering require a resistor to control the fast blinking.  Let us know what you select. 

• Global Moderator

I switched out the flasher relay to stop it from blinking fast. It is quick and easier than wiring in resistors. I also did not like the heat buildup that you get with resistors.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
I switched out the flasher relay to stop it from blinking fast. It is quick and easier than wiring in resistors. I also did not like the heat buildup that you get with resistors.
Thanks for the tip mjh937, saved me from some potential problems down the road.

Tail Tidy is finally going on today. It was a busy week. I'll post some pics this evening if all goes well, as I'm a total beginner on bike installs.

Next on the list is:
IXIL Hyperflow
Motodynamic Tail Light
Watsen Design Front LED Blinkers
Flush Black Windscreen

Will keep you updated as I slowly customize this bike some!

Archived