The MT-07 Forum

How fast have you gone on your FZ-07?

rowdy

• Premium Member

@magsz18 it's not too hard to get the limiter removed/changed with a good tuner. Did a cheap flash (90 bucks) to remove the limiter and change temp from 220 to 210. Probably will send it in to Dyno works soon though. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bmwpowere36m3
It tops out at 125, but I've managed to get my bike up to 128 mph on a slightly downhill stretch of highway. No wind screen and the wind is no problem for me. Check my video:
That video brought this video to mind. Ride safe, don't become a statistic. Don't want to see another video of a wreck. 

Agree... passing on the shoulder and splitting cars at very high rates of speeds in town. Wow, I drive like a hooligan often, but I'd be a smear on the road at that pace or behind bars.

Stay safe out there!

The fastest I've had the speedo tell me I was going was 141... fabbri touring windscreen, MIVV gp exhaust(no baffle) and fuel controller. Not too shabby given I weigh 195.
Does your fuel controller remove the top speed limiter? 
I thought these bikes were electronically limited to 120ish?

Nope, not limited :) at least not in the US.

EDIT:
Actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if the flash Nels did removed a speed limiter? In any case, I still don't think it has a limiter from the factory. The bike isn't fast enough to need one.

I didn't realize there were two top speed threads. I posted in the other one.....

Yesterday I saw 134 and let off because I was running out of road.

• Premium Member

I topped out at 120-122 with a leo clocking me... no flash, no fuel tuner box...only have leo vince exhaust installed...I tested this under the watch of a buddy who happens to be a state fuzz in an area of northern michigan that I will not disclose to keep prying eyes away...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Have hit 100 on the highway but the wind blast was so hard and my hands/fingers were so numb from gripping so tight for miles I finally backed off. It would've went faster but I don't care about it's top speed.

Beemer

• Premium Member
speedingtickets

I did 110 in light rain and high wind on pothole highway, gotta count for something. There was traffic or I would have went faster. I have only been riding on the street for 2 months. I did off road with a KTM 250 before this. My FZ-07 is on steroids, I put over 4K into it, if it could make if faster, I did it, but I just don't trust this bike, even with all this crap. I am not afraid of the speed, just the idea that my life in in the hands of a bike that costs $7k! I am moving into a Honda CBR1000RR Repsol SP next year. I was humping that things leg at the dealer the other day. I lay down on the FZ 90% of the time to keep the front wheel down anyway. 8-)

I just openly laughed out loud.

Thank you for making my Friday that much cooler.

You should change your forum name to "WalkingStatistic".

• 1 month later...
Motorboat McGoat

Buddy on his monster rode side by side with me here in Utah, highest I saw on the speedo was 137 mph. Started coming up on someone so we had to slow down. Possibly could've reached 150. I must've looked like a goof laying down over that flat tank as much as I was.

• 4 months later...
AlbatrossCafe

6'2", ~250lb with gear
Full, bulky, one-piece "astronaut suit" rain suit with waterproof backpack
No windscreen, leaned over as much as possible
Going on a slight decline
Topped out at 116mph

I'd have to be way smaller and probably get a windscreen if I wanted to get any more than that.

It feels "slow" above about 80 lol. My old CBR600 topped at 156mph. I don't ride in the country like I did when I had my CBR otherwise I would feel the need to get a larger bike. For urban and occasional riding the FZ-07 fast enough and is KING.

However, let me just say there is no way anyone, even if a chihuahua were able to pilot the controls, would see "137mph" or even get close to 150mph on an FZ-07 unless they were running wheels/tires that were about 2/3 the normal size.

However, let me just say there is no way anyone, even if a chihuahua were able to pilot the controls, would see "137mph" or even get close to 150mph on an FZ-07 unless they were running wheels/tires that were about 2/3 the normal size.

Don't be a hater just because you can't get to that speed ;) (said in a friendly joking tone :) 
I'm 5'8" 145lbs. 2Wheeldynoworks flash, Termignoni full system, snorkel removed. Full tuck chin of helmet on tank, I saw 134 on a very long straight stretch before the nearing curve caused reason to slow down on this road: https://goo.gl/maps/TvZCXF56DQS2 That was with the most restrictive baffle in the exhaust. Next summer I will try without the baffle.

EDIT: I should add that getting to 134 took a lot of ground! And it was running out of steam. I don't think I would have seen 135 without removing the baffle. Also, it was very hot. 90ish degress=very thin air. At 60 degrees (much denser air) it would have had a little more oomph.

• Premium Member

I ran it up to 160km (100mph) on some clear back roads during the break-in period. Not too impressive or crazy by most motorcycle standards but its the fastest I've been as captain of my own ride. I dont feel the need to top out on this bike, but under the right/safest conditions and especially cop-free bits of road Im happy to play on the throttle a bit. Fun stuff!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

I did 115 MPH about a week ago, and it felt as though the bike took a chill pill after about 105 MPH. I didn't stay up there too long, because I had cagers coming up. The bike gets to 95 MPH easily, but like many have echoed, this bike isn't for top speed. It's a street hooligan and there are times (lots of times) where I wish the 07 had more beans up top, but then again, the lack of beans has kept me safe so far.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator

Took it to 112 yesterday morning... after the reflash, and gearing change i prpbably could easily have gonw over 125... was only at about 68-7000rpm

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I was going to test top end on a nice stretch of quiet, very rural, road but chickened out luckily. Met a cop car over the next rise. WTF was he doing out there anyways ... frack ... that was close to an impound.

Archived