The MT-07 Forum

How fast have you gone on your FZ-07?

rowdy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scordiaboy515

If I make my first track day at VIR on the 28th, I will let you know....... :D...my license can't handle anymore tickets :-S

• Premium Member
If I make my first track day at VIR on the 28th, I will let you know....... :D...my license can't handle anymore tickets :-S
Haha at least you get to go on the track! I have no desire to deal with cops and tickets. The last ticket was a 6-month headache.   

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I've run the FZ up to 110mph a few times....could've gone higer but, the extreme wind blast takes all the fun out of it.

The fastest I've ever ridden on any motorcycle for more than a mile was 138mph on my semi-naked '09 Suzuki GSF1250SA (Bandit).

FN0iPq4.jpg

• Premium Member
I've run the FZ up to 110mph a few times....could've gone higer but, the extreme wind blast takes all the fun out of it.  
The fastest I've ever ridden on any motorcycle for more than a mile was 138mph on my semi-naked '09 Suzuki GSF1250SA (Bandit).

FN0iPq4.jpg
That right there is a beautiful bike!!! Do you still own it? 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
That right there is a beautiful bike!!! Do you still own it?
No, I don't and there have been times that I'm sorry that I sold it. It was a sweet ride for sure, but I just couldn't get the ergonomics right for me.  
The other reason that I sold it is because, when I was on it, I lacked the self-discipline to avoid being a complete hooligan.

That's where the FZ-07 comes in so perfectly...the ergos are near perfect stock and there's enough power to keep me happy and still keep me out of trouble.
Oh, and it's just as much of a kick to ride in the twisties.

• Premium Member

FN0iPq4.jpg
I want to see Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) ride this (the bike looks like an "Alien").

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Top speed right now for me is probably 60-70 mph. I do find that I am taking curvy roads a lot quicker than I would in my car. Turning feels different and easier.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

131(221km/hr) but only with the Yamaha tank bag tour on board(helped me stay resillient to the wind). I'll shoot a video for this when I have a moment. But on stand mode, I've seen 255 km/hr (about 158mph) which should be the top ever speed of FZ-07/MT-07(not to mention I was hyper stupidly drunk enough to take this test in low engine temp and rear stand): 

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTeOt6-McwI]

• Premium Member
131(221km/hr) but only with the Yamaha tank bag tour on board(helped me stay resillient to the wind). I'll shoot a video for this when I have a moment. But on stand mode, I've seen 255 km/hr (about 158mph) which should be the top ever speed of FZ-07/MT-07(not to mention I was hyper stupidly drunk enough to take this test in low engine temp and rear stand):  

So, I guess 158, is rev limiter in 6th??? 

So, I guess 158, is rev limiter in 6th???
I think so, yes :)

• Premium Member

I hit triple digits before, but honestly this bike (stock) shows its true nakedness when you're riding 80+ on the freeway with any sort of extra wind.

I hit triple digits before, but honestly this bike (stock) shows its true nakedness when you're riding 80+ on the freeway with any sort of extra wind.
Madstad 20" windscreen. What wind?

I have been arround 75 mph, very windy for me not feeling confortable doing greater speeds right now, im still on the learning curve with my bike, so my personal limits are kind of short right now

• Premium Member
Est 90. I only do that when I'm mad about something which is bad idea
I try to make it a point to never ride/drive in anger.  I ride a bicycle a lot of miles a year (like 11,000 last year), and you would not believe the number of morons that have hassled me (even motorcyclists).  I always have to tell myself "Let it go", because getting angry ruins my ride, doesn't help, and causes me to think less clearly about whats going on at the moment, which is very important when you are on a two wheeled vehicle and cagers around you have their heads up their asses. 

• 3 months later...
dying2ride

It tops out at 125, but I've managed to get my bike up to 128 mph on a slightly downhill stretch of highway. No wind screen and the wind is no problem for me. Check my video:

It tops out at 125, but I've managed to get my bike up to 128 mph on a slightly downhill stretch of highway. No wind screen and the wind is no problem for me. Check my video:
That video brought this video to mind. Ride safe, don't become a statistic. Don't want to see another video of a wreck. 

[video src=https://youtu.be/a1IyrVeX0W8]

Beemer

• Premium Member

The fastest I've had the speedo tell me I was going was 141... fabbri touring windscreen, MIVV gp exhaust(no baffle) and fuel controller. Not too shabby given I weigh 195.

The fastest I've had the speedo tell me I was going was 141... fabbri touring windscreen, MIVV gp exhaust(no baffle) and fuel controller. Not too shabby given I weigh 195.
Does your fuel controller remove the top speed limiter? 
I thought these bikes were electronically limited to 120ish?

recurveshooter

Was upping the speed in 5 mph increments to check out the wind blast. Got to 95 and then had to back off as the road made a turn - recurveshooter

Archived