The MT-07 Forum

How fast have you gone on your FZ-07?

rowdy

• Premium Member

I was out riding today in a remote area of Utah with a straight road and no intersections for miles and decided to wring it out a little.  I hit 115 tops.
I didn't have a huge window of opportunity, and I had about a 6 to 10 mph head wind. 
What have you done?

Why can't left turners see us?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
A gentleman never asks, and a lady never tells~
Come on... It's not sex ya know.  (but it is quite good).  :)

• Premium Member
I hit 5 mph today!
So you didn't start the engine? 

rotaryryan24

I've seen 122 on the speedo, not on public roads of coarse    ;).

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

110. Need windscreen or I'll be doing my own rendition of parasailing without the actual sail.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

• Premium Member
If I told you, ...
If you told me what???  The police would find out your internet identity, back-trace that to a traffic cam that showed you speeding??? I don't think so. ;)

• Premium Member
If I told you, ...
If you told me what???  The police would find out your internet identity, back-trace that to a traffic cam that showed you speeding??? I don't think so. ;)

Ok, I'll tell you. I've only been at 90, which is too easy to get at on this bike, and feels very stable.

• Premium Member

90 is damn fast on a bike, and it is nice that the FZ-07 can do that so easily and feel good doing it!

98 is the highest I've gotten and I was scared to look, was too busy looking to make sure I wasn't gonna crash. It wasn't the straightest road.

133 6th gear only went to 9k rmp, it wont let me bounce off rev limiter like i can in other gears, so i'm guessing if it would rev to 11k rpm then probably close to 150?

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

USMCFieldMP

120 in stock form. The speedo is creeping past 115. I haven't tried again since I put the exhaust on it.

rolltide268

I've hit 126 before . . . not on a public road though...lol. Not sure how accurate our speedos are but thats what it said...

105ish going up Spanish Fork canyon (highway 6 in Utah county) but wasn't pushing it too much. What road were you on @rowdy ?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I briefly got up to 85 and the wind blast was crazy. Felt like my helmet was going to fly off my head. I need a windscreen.

Illegitimi non carborundum

115. It seems like it MIGHT have a tiny bit more in it at that point, but I've kept it at 115 for what seemed like a long time without it going any faster.

• Premium Member
105ish going up Spanish Fork canyon (highway 6 in Utah county) but wasn't pushing it too much. What road were you on @rowdy ?
Hey dewski, I was on the west side of Utah Lake headed towards Alberta.  I had a headwind, but the road was straight and vacant as far as I could see.   It was still pretty freaky feeling! 

112 on I95 on my way to bike week in Daytona. I had to duck down behind the sport windscreen over 90 cuz the wind was pushing me all over the lane! Felt quite stable and effortless after that.

hit 120 indicated on several occasions, of course not on public roads ;) (:)). she was creeping up to it as well and had trouble holding steady 120 while hauling my 220 pound fat arse.

115 tucked behind my MRA Double Bubble.

The bike has short legs compared to supersports but im not really too interested in making triple digit speeds a habit.

Archived