The MT-07 Forum

trouble installing saddlebag bracket

I just got the Yamaha OEM saddlebags and brackets. I took off the rear pegs but on the right side there is a little plastic tank mounted to the right peg frame and the right saddlebag bracket will not fit behind it. Do any of you have this critter and know how to install it? Thanks.

I just had a closer look at the instructions that came with my SW Mo Alurack This rack is compatible with Yamaha's "Stay Soft Bags" and there's a note for attaching that reservoir with both. I'm thinking there should spacer or adapter that should have been a bracket in that kit.

Here, picture 4 and 5. With the SW kit, there's a new screw (13) and bracket (12) for the reservoir http://shop.sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/bc_hta_06_740_10800_b.pdf

• Premium Member

Is this what you're trying to do, or are you removing the passenger peg too?

20150314_121214.jpg

Everything went braap.

Yup, that's what I'm guessing. Perfect pict to show that bracket.

How do you like the bags? They appear as nice as they come for soft luggage.

• Premium Member

They've worked really well for me. They hold a lot of gear and have held up well in rough weather. The tops of the bags are becoming a little faded by the sun now, however nothing terrible.

Everything went braap.

They've worked really well for me. They hold a lot of gear and have held up well in rough weather. The tops of the bags are becoming a little faded by the sun now, however nothing terrible.
Good to know. Been impressed with everything I've seen from SW Motech. No reason why those wouldn't be also.  
Considering this little bike has only been out for a bit over a year (including Canada and EU), it's just amazing the accessories (aka teases) available. 

So now just waiting on radiobob and "oh, that's what that little bracket and leftover bolt are for" 

I got the bags from another rider on the facebook page. He forgot to include the bracket and hardware and the instructions so I didn't know how to mount it or what. It took a week to get the instructions which told me that the bracket to relocate the reservoir came with the kit. If he still has the bike he'll send it, otherwise I'll orer it as a part from Yahama and wait. I don't care about the pegs as I'm not riding 2 up, but you can't mount the right hand bracket without moving the reservoir, I think. Anyway I'm happy to have an answer. I have so many saddlebags in the garage and would have never spent the money on OEM or such but here he was selling them so hey.

Hopefully he'll come up with that bracket for you. Probably just forgot when he took off the mounts.

aluminum is easy enough to drill and bend. Now that you know what it looks like, you might consider fabricating one while you wait for the PO or have to go to Yamaha so you ca at least get to use the bags. Doesn't have to be pretty, just get the reservoir out of the way.

Interesting that Yamaha has rebadged a SW Motech/Bags Connection set-up. Wonder if they'll start selling the SW Mo center stand as well.

Archived