The MT-07 Forum

AGV Skyline Owners: is it a good match for the FZ-07?

vodapas

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.  I didn't see a section for gear/parts reviews.

Anyhow, looking to get another helmet for when I ride the FZ-07 as my other helmets are a Shoei Neotec (modular for touring) and an Icon Variant (hooligan helmet for my Supermoto).  I just want a nice simple full face with a drop down visor so I don't have to mess with shield changes.  So, I am in hopes a few owners on here have one and can tell me if it's a good helmet for the riding position of the FZ-07 or if I should keep looking.

Thanks!

• Premium Member

I have no experience with that helmet, but the zila review video makes it sound pretty nice. I seems like it designed for the upright riding position that the FZ-07 puts us in. I bought a LaZer Kite Mustang from revzilla, and I love it, but it doesn't have the drop down shade you want. Good luck!

Why can't left turners see us?

Yeah the Zilla overview and the reviews definitely make it sound like a good match for the FZ-07 riding position. I was looking at the Icon Alliance Dark because that's a lot of helmet for $150. But, I sorted all the helmets by those with a drop down sun visor and the Skyline popped up for only $180 on closeout. I figure I'll pay another $30 for the convenience of not swapping shields. Probably going to pull the trigger before I put too much more thought into it. Just needed someone to nudge me a little. Haha!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

You can search the forum using the search tab and type in AGV Skyline, as your search criteria.  It will show you all information entered on this forum that use these words.  I know there is a thread under "parts and accessories", on page 2 that ask members about what helmet they wear.  I was not sure how to post the link to it here.  

@easternkayaker

Thank you. I did search. I found pictures of the helmet but I didn't find any reviews or critiques of it so I posted this thread.

I've only had my skyline for a couple of months now and have been able to ride about 300 miles with it. I bought it for the drop down visor and the cut-out areas that are perfect for a Bluetooth set-up. Riding in 45-55F temps the chin curtain helped keep things warm. The helmet is light and I had no wind buffeting issues to speak of. I think the helmet is pretty quiet over-all but I have not yet ridden with the vents open. The optics through both shields are great (just be sure to remove the protective film over the inside visor before you ride :). At this point, the only thing I am not fond of is the chin strap system. It uses a ratchet device rather than the D-ring strap. Maybe that part will grow on me as I break in the helmet - we'll see. Hope this helps with your decision!

@coleman67

That certainly does help. Thank you! Your review sounds right in-line with my expectations. The ratchet strap is definitely the thing that made me hesitant. But, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. It just has too many positives at that price point to pass up.

Is the internal sun visor dark enough for you? That's been the issue I've seen with drop down visors. Some companies (Scorpion for example) seem afraid to make the visor dark smoke so it's not really that effective in direct sunlight. From the review though it looked like the Skyline's was pretty dark though. So, fingers crossed on that one.

@coleman67 
That certainly does help. Thank you! Your review sounds right in-line with my expectations. The ratchet strap is definitely the thing that made me hesitant. But, I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. It just has too many positives at that price point to pass up.

Is the internal sun visor dark enough for you? That's been the issue I've seen with drop down visors. Some companies (Scorpion for example) seem afraid to make the visor dark smoke so it's not really that effective in direct sunlight. From the review though it looked like the Skyline's was pretty dark though. So, fingers crossed on that one.
I have a Kabuto helmet that has a ratchet strap. I really like it so much better that the D rings. You don't make it as tight as the d-ring strap but it is so nice being able to undo the latch and take you helmet off without taking off your gloves, even heavy winter gloves.  

Archived