Sign in to follow this  
weaponzero

Ahoy there! 09 owner from Pittsburgh

weaponzero
Howdy.  I'm an FZ-09 owner from Pittsburgh.  Name is Sean.  Although I am an 09 owner, I would have strongly considered the 07 instead had it been out when I was in the market.

I have always had a soft spot for the Suzuki SV650 (my first bike) and I don't think there's ever been a bike that quite blended beginner friendly manners and sporty riding quite like it since.  The current SFV650 is a former shell of itself and the Kawasaki Ninja 650R, while being a contender, does not quite reach the bar.  I truly believe the FZ-07 is the "new" SV650 and is every bit able to pick up where the SV650 left off.

Cruizin
Hey there Weapon Zero! Welcome, and thanks for joining the Forum! The FZ-09 is the FZ-07's big brother, and these two bikes will change the motorcycle world!

NAKED RULES!!

Guru
Howdy Sean!

So you have the big boy! Good for you. FZ's are great bikes, future classics.

Like Cruizin says, NAKED RULES ! Even when taking a swim or just walking around in the house.  ::)

mjh937
Just not when riding please, guru :)

mjh937
I meant guru not being naked. She is fine by me.

Guru
I meant guru not being naked. She is fine by me.
I just googled "Naked Guru".  I shouldn't have  ???
  • Like 1

Guest ybcheese
I also bleed black an gold, we have to do a fz meet up sometime. Great excuse to go riding.

may2nd
great taste in motorcycles.. terrible taste in football teams..go raiders..all in fun of course.

weaponzero
great taste in motorcycles.. terrible taste in football teams..go raiders..all in fun of course.
Actually I'm not much for sports at all.  I'm not a native Pittsburgher.  Moved up here about ten years ago from South Florida, where nobody cares much about professional sports teams.  Even the local teams don't have much of a following.  Except for basketball, and even then they're only fair weather fans.  When the Heat are doing good, everyone's a fan.  When they're not, nobody really follows sports at all. 

weaponzero
I also bleed black an gold, we have to do a fz meet up sometime. Great excuse to go riding.
I'm all for it, but for medical reasons I'm unable to ride for extended periods of time.  Certainly no all day things.  Good for a few hours though with frequent breaks.

weaponzero
[div][/div]Hey zero I'm in Pittsburgh also. I was looking at the FZ-09 but thought it might be a little much for a first bike. I hand pretty much settled on the Honda 500f until I saw that Yamaha was coming out with a 07. Now I'm just playing the weighting game until they get them in. Maybe we can meet up for a ride once I get mine.
I haven't ridden the 07, but if it's anything like my old SV650 (which I anticipate it is) you're in for a GREAT bike.  And as long as you're prepared to sink money into upgrading the suspension as your skills improve, you'll have a bike that will last you forever.