The MT-07 Forum

How did you find the FZ07.org Forums?

Cruizin

They are just the basic dual sport handguards that cost about $45.
Trick is to bend the inside end a little more on a vice for better alignment so the clamp mounts work bettter.
The other issue was that I wanted to keep the bar end weight so I drilled a hole through the center and tapped it with an 8mm X 1.25 thread
to mount the outside of the guard to the outside of the bar end.
The bar end is different than most bar ends in that they don't use a bolt. A 10mm Allen removes the bar end as one heavy piece.
I drilled about 1 1/2" into the bar end, but you could drill all the way through it.

Just an example:
Western Power Sports Off-Road Handguards
$44.99 You save $4.96 (9%)

(58)
WPS Off-Road Handguards Aluminum inner bar wrapped in plastic roost deflector for added protection Comes complete with all necessary hardware Fits all 7/8" standard handlebars Optional adapter mounts available for use on oversized 1-1/8" handlebars
Compare

I searched for FZ07 forums in Google and y'all were the first to pop up. Glad to be a registered member now, also applied to the Facebook page as well.

• 2 months later...

Did a google search the day after i got my 07 and I have loved to forum ever since everyone is nice and wants to help great place to be

• 3 weeks later...
(58) WPS Off-Road Handguards Aluminum inner bar wrapped in plastic roost deflector for added protection Comes complete with all necessary hardware Fits all 7/8" standard handlebars Optional adapter mounts available for use on oversized 1-1/8" handlebars
Compare

Thanks for that info. I'm currently looking into a good windscreen/handguard combo. I'm settled on the MRA Touring screen but still need to find a good guard. I'm thinking both clear would be nice to keep the naked design of the bike. With that said, do you know the screw hole size on the ends of the handlebar? Although a lot of companies haven't made guards for the FZ-07, I'm guessing that I could get a set for a different bike (FZ-09?) and they'll fit the 07. 

Now the real wait begins.
Did you get one, yet?! I just bought mine 1 month ago and put about 500 miles on so far. Neat thing is that I actually bought mine USED! I drove from Jackson Hole, Wyoming where I live to Southern Utah. Worth it! I was referred to this forum by Darrel Griffith. I met him on the FZ-07 Motorcycle Rider's Facebook page and then met up with him in-person in Utah after buying the bike. It's nice to be apart of a "family".

Was researching bikes.
Was all over the place, was looking at Ducati's, BMW dualsports, street triples, Versys, KLRs, DRZs. I know I enjoy long hauls more than knee dragging. The FJ-09 was glorious but out of my price range and really, too big for my 5'7" manlet body. Then I started seeing comparisons of the 09 to the triple, m821 etc. Read more into that and saw that the suspension wasn't the kindest. Then I saw the 07 and loved it. I was coming off an '11 Ninja 650R so it was basically the same bike, 60 lbs less, with a better torque curve. The only thing I miss on the ninja is the windshield for 75mph+ riding.

Annnnnyways, TL;DR I found this site, read the love and decided on this bike before sitting on it. Sat on it, knew I wanted one. Happened to browse our classifieds and a memeber was selling his 3 miles from my house.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

Im not sure, i remember a bright light, someone in a red dress, and a choice of two pills.
Maybe it was a dream, or we're all in the matrix and following the magic white fz07

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my bike I thought to myself .... Hmmmm, new FZ 07 ... tons of bike forums ... lets do a search for FZ 07 Forums and ALAH-KAZAM!!

• Like 1

Beemer

• 4 weeks later...
clutchkiller

I Googled FZ 07 and this forum was on the first page of results if I remember correctly. I started researching the FZ 07 when I saw one at the dealership about a month ago and saw this forum some time shortly after.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
JuggernautOfWar

Was referred here by a user on the FZ-07 subreddit.

• Like 1

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Google search

2015 FZ07; Yoshimura Exhaust; Yoshimura Fender Eliminator; Shorty levers; Bazzaz EFC, frame sliders, LED signals, Yamaha Comfy Seat, Madstad Windshield.

• 2 months later...
A Bing search turned U up while trying to find a 17 tooth Sprocket . To my surprise , can't see any mention of sprockets on here , YET !
The 17-tooth www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTF1183 is similar to www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTF1591 which is actually made for the FZ-07.

Personally, I've kept the stock front sprocket but attached a 41-tooth rear sprocket. And that's about as far back as the stock swingarm/chain will go --- I'm not sure the FZ-07 can even fit a 17-tooth front sprocket!!

I'm strongly considering getting an 07 for my first bike, I've been searching the internet for problems, mods, maintenance tips etc. I went and looked at them today and I am very close to pulling the trigger on a '16 in silver/blue.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for information on steering dampers for an FZ-07 and the forum popped up as having information, so I decided to join!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Google got me here too. There seemed to be an answer to any question I had about my bike over here, to the point where I started googling "issue..., site:fz07.org". That's when I knew it was time to become a member.

• Like 1