The MT-07 Forum

Watsen Design front led turn signals

SouthernSpeed

SouthernSpeed

Hey FZ owners, ordered these Watsen Design signals back in January and looks like they are finally going to arrive today!  I have ordered front signals from them before, In my opinion they offer the best by far flush front signals for any full faring sport bike, they angle the led to shine to the front and the side, and the super tiny led is super bright.  They also use the factory paint for each specific bike for the signals so the match in color is perfect.  Anyway they worked great on my CBR and R6 and looked super clean so when I saw they made some for the FZ-09 I figured they would fit the FZ-07 also same front headlight support piece on both bikes.  They are a small Canadian company and I guess they have gotten so busy lately that they are only taking orders every few months now.  In my opinion they are worth the wait and the price, although it is a little cheaper because it is listed in Canadian dollars I think with shipping included they were $105.  They will not work as running lights because they get to hot for continuous use, but will be very bright blinkers.  Here is the pic from the site, I am hoping to slap them on today and I will post some pics of them installed.  Just wanted to share and get some feedback on what others thought.

http://www.watsendesign.com/Gallery/Gallery.htm

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

• Global Moderator

Those look really good. I am looking forward to seeing photos when yours are installed. What are your plans for the rear?

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

wow. that looks super clean, especially on the Triumph! Looking forward to pictures.

• Global Moderator

That Triumph in the Gulf Oil colors looks fantastic.

SouthernSpeed
Those look really good. I am looking forward to seeing photos when yours are installed. What are your plans for the rear?
  Yea they have not showed up yet, still waiting on them to arrive.  I have just installed the moto dynamic tail light in the rear and cut up the factory fender to make a license plate bracket. need to wire up a tag light when i put those blinkers on.  It should look pretty cleaned up when its all done. Hope it arrives soon 

I ordered the same ones and am also waiting. Mine have been stuck in customs since the 7th. I emailed the company and they told me some of the shipments were being held in customs for 3 weeks So if your tracking ends in Chicago be prepared to wait.

SouthernSpeed

Yea my package got held up in Chicago for about 10 days, but i just got them in the mail yesterday !!! Got them installed last night, I will post a video when it stops raining here. I have some pictures on my phone I can share.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I'm not really a fan of minimal "flush mount" turn signals. I think that maximum visibility should be the first priority for any turn signal upgrade.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

SouthernSpeed
I'm not really a fan of minimal "flush mount" turn signals. I think that maximum visibility should be the first priority for any turn signal upgrade.
 You should see how bright these are.  These are top quality, the led's are amplified and they are angled so they flash forward and not to the side.  When I am riding they are so bright I can see them flashing off the road during the day. 

Very nice. Mine are finally in route so hopefully soon. They look just as awesome on your bike as I was hoping. How easy was it to install them?

• Premium Member

They definitely look nice.

My pumpkins are somehow growing dear to me, but I do like this option.

Everything went braap.

Very cool if you like the flush type. But call me crazy, I prefer regular type turn signals on the 07, kind of looks like it's missing something without the turn signals sticking out on our bikes.

Very cool if you like the flush type. But call me crazy, I prefer regular type turn signals on the 07, kind of looks like it's missing something without the turn signals sticking out on our bikes.
I'm the exact opposite to be honest. I think the front blinkers (stock US) really give a dopey look to the bike. I've see a lot a flush photo's and absolutely love that look. It's all subjective though and what gives our bikes their own flair. 
Additionally, I think those of us who are interested in these indicators are sold on the look, just more so interested in the functionality of these tiny indicators. While I didn't find a video of the 07, I was able to find a youtube video of the 09 (which look similar if not identical to the 07's). They sold me on these, as I was primarily worried about the intensity - not so much anymore.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXYu5DguTpw" size="medium]

Wow your bike looks sick! Love the lights, and I'm thinking about the handlebar mirrors as well. I can't see around my shoulders with the stock mirrors.

SouthernSpeed
Very nice. Mine are finally in route so hopefully soon. They look just as awesome on your bike as I was hoping. How easy was it to install them?
 Install was super easy, the hardest part was popping the plastic retaining clip that holds the factory blinkers, just had to get a tiny screwdriver in there to pop off the clip, but they are just plug and play.

SouthernSpeed
Can you do a video if you have the time Please, thanks and awesome lights
Yea it finally stopped raining, I will try and make a quick one before work. 

SouthernSpeed

Here is a quick video, don't pay attention to how dirty the bike is, she needs a bath bad.  I don't think the GoPro does them justice, everything looks darker in the video. I think they look brighter in person.  I will try and make a better video with my neighbors camera.

Awesome man! You've sold me on two new buys! The Watsens and that wind screen! I was afraid how the windscreen would look on the white to be honest, but I'm sold now. Could you link that by chance.

I'm finally installing my tail tidy today. Then it's off to the Watsen's, motodynamic tail, and that screen!

Archived