The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar options

rowdy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I do not get the move to renthal low bars. I hate the original bars.

I have tried a set of Vortex Bonneville bend Flat Track but the sweep back was just the wrong depth.  Tried a set of Emgo Street bend to low for me.  I finally settled in with a set of Emgos that fit me well and are fitting them now

Before

20170526_193651_1.jpg

hd image hosting

After and new spider grips
DSCN1217.jpg

Not to crazy of the chrome bar ends, had them laying around.  Cut 1/2 off each end to end with 32' width.
Now the bike feels comfortable.
DSCN1219.jpg

Was not sure if I would had to have cut more than 1/2 as the routing of cables were important.  Found moving the throttle cables under the brake line sufficed.  Spacing is nominal as noted in second shot and still allows 1 finger plus access to both clutch and brake.
DSCN1220.jpg

Always Wheeley for safety

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I just got the Renthal Ultra Low bars about 2 weeks ago and its so much better than stock. They are a little wider, lower, and more forward which I feel gives the bike a more aggressive feel, while still being very comfortable. The stock bars were definitely too narrow for me, and the Renthals feel perfect. Cornering feels better, wheelies feel better, riding overall just feels better.

martyinaustin
I just got the Renthal Ultra Low bars about 2 weeks ago and its so much better than stock. They are a little wider, lower, and more forward which I feel gives the bike a more aggressive feel, while still being very comfortable. The stock bars were definitely too narrow for me, and the Renthals feel perfect. Cornering feels better, wheelies feel better, riding overall just feels better.
all i can say is exactly.  i had my ultra-lows now for 6 months or so and i finally get how to ride a motorcycle.  i know that sounds insane but with the new bars and refining my skills i can corner like a champ (or so i kid myself).  a little counter-steering goes such a long way and a bit of a hip wiggle will put you locked on your line.  something about the weight being fwd a tad w/ the bars really really helps! 
fwiw,
marty

Archived