The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar options

rowdy

• Premium Member

Okay,  I'm looking for a new bars (lower and more forward), and I have read the related threads, and I just wonder if anyone has found any other alternatives to the ultralow bars, I also like the looks of the [url=]Carbon Driven.  What else?
Also... does the Renthal need new bar ends like the  Carbon Driven?

Why can't left turners see us?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Renthal Ultra Low handlebar, and it feels good to me.
I cut 12 millimeters off each end to tailor it to my liking, too.

The Renthal bar has no threads on the inside for bar ends, and since the metal is thicker (it's aluminum), the inside diameter is smaller.
So, if you want bar ends, you'll need to get some aftermarket ones.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

@rowdy, I've been trying to learn as much myself and found that @pgeldz tried out Ducati Monster bars that I thought looked great on his bike. Here's the link to the post in his thread so you can read up on all his mods  ttp://fz07.org/post/20194/thread

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this picture, hands down my fav bike I've seen on the forum (though he doesn't have tough comp!)

OVEDrdJ.jpg

• Premium Member
I have the LSL Street bar on my bike. Much lower, much wider, farther forward. I love it. I actually cut 1.5" off of each end of the bars this weekend. They were a total of 6" wider than the factory bars! Full width in the picture. https://www.dropbox.com/s/smhjtn9njyvjtok/20150130_181414.jpg?dl=0
I really like the looks of those. Where did you get them, and what bar ends will fit? Thanks!

Why can't left turners see us?

rubberbandman72
I have the LSL Street bar on my bike. Much lower, much wider, farther forward. I love it. I actually cut 1.5" off of each end of the bars this weekend. They were a total of 6" wider than the factory bars! Full width in the picture. https://www.dropbox.com/s/smhjtn9njyvjtok/20150130_181414.jpg?dl=0
I really like the looks of those. Where did you get them, and what bar ends will fit? Thanks!

I got them from Speigler. Any 14mm bar end should fit. I used some cheap one from Cycle Gear that actually fit and look great. These bars are very wide so you might want to trim some length off of them. Maybe not. Totally up to the rider. http://www.spieglerusa.com/

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Looking to replace my stock handle bars on my FZ-07. I am looking at the Renthal Road Ultra Low Bars or 1125cr Clubman Bars. Can anyone with these bars on their FZ-07 please post some pics of their bikes from different angles showing the bars on your bike. I want aggressive bars that I can put bar ends on. Below is a clip of my bike, hope u all like what I've done with it!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbhdg8jn2m0o2wp/2015%20Yamaha%20FZ-07.MP4?dl=0

fromthecage

I have the Emgo drag bar from Amazon. Inexpensive and looks great on the bike. Riding position is a lot better in my opinion.
20150807_083513_HDR_zps4xyte5ef.jpg
20150807_083504_HDR_zps9vydpuwz.jpg

I had renthal ultra lows which were good but I wanted more sporty so got drag bars but I now want woodcraft clip on bars with rear sets, you could go super moto style or sport bike style

• Global Moderator

Ordered a set of the renthall street fighter bars, they aeem like theyll do the job, if not ill probably post em up here for sale

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Were there any modifications needed for this bar to fit? What size bar did you use and where did you purchase it from?

As nice as the Woodcraft clip-ons are, handlebar options can be had for a lot less coin. They are however an awesome addition to the modification support for the FZ-07

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@pgeldz I thought that was yours but I wasn't sure. When I first got my bike and started doing research on the net yours was the one that stood out for me and from which I got a lot of ideas for mine. Your bike is hot!!

• Premium Member
@pgeldz I thought that was yours but I wasn't sure. When I first got my bike and started doing research on the net yours was the one that stood out for me and from which I got a lot of ideas for mine. Your bike is hot!!
Thank you Sir! 
:)

- Paulie

Archived