The MT-07 Forum

Hypermotard 821

w1ngzer0

I wouldn't say experienced. The 250 had a slimmer tank, but the seat height is like 34.4 inches or something. Been riding since 2008, so I still consider myself a noob.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whitegas

Tail tidy. Flush mount signals. Arrow exhaust. Bar end mirrors. Sliders. Rizoma screen.  Aren't you pretty much on par with everyone else on the forums as far as looks/mods goes?

Its only a few people on here who have some drastic changes going on.

But anyway, I say go for what the heart wants.

Me personally, I've been eye-balling the 2015 Z1000...

True... The ones I looked at on this site are the belly pans, custom decals, bars, etc... But you right, now that you have mentioned it looking at the members' galleries just now.

Tail tidy. Flush mount signals. Arrow exhaust. Bar end mirrors. Sliders. Rizoma screen.  Aren't you pretty much on par with everyone else on the forums as far as looks/mods goes? 
Its only a few people on here who have some drastic changes going on.

But anyway, I say go for what the heart wants.

Me personally, I've been eye-balling the 2015 Z1000...
z1000 is on the short list

• Premium Member

Not telling you what to do, but you'll have a much better chance selling the 07 as close to stock as possible. You'll never recover your farkle bucks unless you sell that stuff piecemeal.

No, you're right. I have all the stock parts in a bin. Don't want to put back to stock. If sold, the buyer can do whatever he/she wishes and still keep all the add-ons associated with the sale. With me, all or nothing pretty much.

• Premium Member

The Z1000 is certainly not like the FZ-07. 90 more lbs, and a lot more power, but... how can you ride a naked that fast? I can get blown off my 07 whenever I feel like it. If I wanted something with more speed or power, it would not be naked. I'd go for an Interceptor, or FJ-09, or FJR-1300. I will take the 07 anytime for an everyday fun to ride bike, but different strokes for different folks (and riding needs). ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

That's so true man. Growing up with my dad, he was all about the enduros and cb350s in the Philippines. Then, my cousins were all about the supersports. Me, on the other hand, mine are the adventure, supermoto and nakeds that caught my attention. I love to have less weight, more responsivness, low to mid hp, high clearance (5'6, 5'7 with boots)... Weird huh?

potatochips

I agree with the other guy that said keep the 07 and get another 250. I've been in your shoes before, you are probably set on it, just looking for reassurance? Unless you drag your feet and the desire blows over.

I love the Hypermotard as a street bike, I'd never consider it a motard, not even close in my book. With that said, if it will do what you want, go for it.

I highly value everyone's opinions on our forum. The deal is pretty sweet, $10,500 OTD for a 2015 all tax, title, etc. included and $0 for everything else.

• Premium Member

I'd ride wit you homie, no matter what you on

Everything went braap.

Guest daufcguy

W1ngzer0: get the bike that makes you happy, your the one who has to ride it! one serious piece of advice, I think I am like you, I change my mind about bikes a lot, i found the best solution is to have a minimum of 3 bikes in your garage at all times! easier said than done, i know, but it does make selling your bike easier when you have 2 more to come home to. Im not rich, I just decided that brand new bikes were too much of an investment so now i only buy used. I used to have a $18,000 harley, i sold the harley and slowly bought a replacement harley (one that was almost 20 years old), something to tour on (an aprilia that is 12 years old) and something to rip it up on (an fz that i got with 1,400 miles on the odometer for a hell of a deal) im not rich, far from it, but I found that with this arrangement I get bored a lot less easily. I know this may not fit with your plans right now, I just wanted to give you something to think about for the future, good luck with your search, Great looking 07 by the way!

I really appreciate your advice. I wish I can have 3 different bikes in the garage. The hyper fits my character better. I want upright ergos, higher clearance, street bike and dirt bike looks. I will definitely follow my heart. I wonder how much I can get for my bike. Thanks by the way for the comment on my zero.

Guest daufcguy
My buddy actually have 6 bikes on his garage with each a different discipline. Kinda Jelly...
yeah, I feel you, i would like to add the following to my garage: a ural side car rig, a 1982 harley FXR shovel (my buddy has one sitting in his garage collecting dust, ughhh so frustrating), Im a huge fan of the FJ-09 and the new Versys 1000 (gotta wait a year or two for those nice, gently used preowned bike deals to come around  before I can think about owning one though) and  my lady and I are thinking about getting into riding dirt, so who knows what that means for my motorcycling future. I've said it many times before: I have more hopes and wishes than I got time and money!

As far as selling the FZ07, it has like 1,022 miles. What would our bikes go for now including all miss done along with all stock parts?

Guest daufcguy
As far as selling the FZ07, it has like 1,022 miles. What would our bikes go for now including all miss done along with all stock parts?
I would recommend checking out craigslist and cycletrader to see what similarly equipped pre owned 07's are going for in your area (if there are any). Approach it like you would someone looking to purchase a used 07, if you see 2 used 07's for $5,000 on cycle trader, there probably wont be a ton of initial interest in your bike if you are listing at $6,500 (just using random numbers as examples). you can also check KBB.com but there figures also depend on what part of the country your in.

Good to know. I will definitely do my reasearch. If the dealer offers like $5,500, random number, I might just pull and sell all aftermarket parts on the forum.

• Global Moderator
Got an email from the dealership. They want my bike for trade in. What do I do?!
What are they offering?

• Premium Member
Got an email from the dealership. They want my bike for trade in. What do I do?!

What you do is, give me the Arrow exhaust system for safeguarding. That's the only important step here. The rest is flotsam and jetsam.

Everything went braap.

Tell em to stuff it. They send that shet to all their customers to try and get more business. Then you get there and they will only give you $5,500 or so for your bike. Cause, they are trying to make more money off you.

When I ride off the lot on my new bikes, I never return to the dealer, for anything unless there is a recall. When you want to upgrade to a different bike someday, you will get alot more money for your bike by selling it yourself.

Archived