The MT-07 Forum

Tail bag from Nelson Rigg.

cborcafz07

Needed a knew tail bag. I was using an old tank bag but I had to jerry rig it to stay on the tail. Ordered Nelson Rigg tail bag and I am very happy with it. Just big enough and looks good on the bike.
 IMG_20150302_161636658.jpgIMG_20150302_161643590.jpg

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

It was between that bag and the Kriega 20 litre. The looks of this one is by far superior. Nice E46 :)

It was between that bag and the Kriega 20 litre. The looks of this one is by far superior. Nice E46 :)
Thanks, the E46 is my other baby. lol Yeah I was very impressed with this bag, especially for the price. 

Nelson Rigg makes some really nice gear at decent prices. I have 2 of their tank bags (one too big for the FZ) and a seat bag that will need a rack and the back seat.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going on my purchase list... Now I remember why I stay off motorcycle forums, end up buying cool stuff others show off lol

This is going on my purchase list... Now I remember why I stay off motorcycle forums, end up buying cool stuff others show off lol
Which one did you end up going with? I'm very happy with this bag, especially after using it as a weekend trip bag. Plus it makes for a decent backrest when it's filled up. lol

Which one did you end up going with? I'm very happy with this bag, especially after using it as a weekend trip bag. Plus it makes for a decent backrest when it's filled up. lol

The Nelson rigg is on my to buy list. Haven't bought it yet but from people's review of it I decided it will be the one I do purchase.

I own 3 NR bags and one cover. My opinion will be just a bit biased, lol

One thing that's changed with NR, all of their bags came with rain covers when I purchased mine. That's not true now. Some do, but for many of the bags, the cover is extra. Sign of the times, I guess.

I own 3 NR bags and one cover. My opinion will be just a bit biased, lol  
One thing that's changed with NR, all of their bags came with rain covers when I purchased mine. That's not true now. Some do, but for many of the bags, the cover is extra. Sign of the times, I guess.
The 1060 comes with a rain cover, it, unforunately takes up some of the much need space in this smaller bag. It is neatly concealed and is accessed by a seperate compartment. A zipper in the front of the bag allows you to to pull it out but it stays connected to the bag. I cut mine free and carry it only when I think it will rain.  

How true. Mine are all completely separate. I frequently just go old school and use plastic garbage/extra large ziplock bags when space is at a premium. Especially for the tank bag as I will always supplement the GPS with a real map. The cover makes that a bit hard.

For that monster seat bag, well, it'll just stay covered on a long ride if the weather is iffy. .

• 2 weeks later...
Needed a knew tail bag. I was using an old tank bag but I had to jerry rig it to stay on the tail. Ordered Nelson Rigg tail bag and I am very happy with it. Just big enough and looks good on the bike.  IMG_20150302_161636658.jpgIMG_20150302_161643590.jpg

I just bought one cause i ran into your video during youtube surfing lol, i needed a bag just for commuting and i got tired bringing my back pack all the time lol, thanks for a great review

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Needed a knew tail bag. I was using an old tank bag but I had to jerry rig it to stay on the tail. Ordered Nelson Rigg tail bag and I am very happy with it. Just big enough and looks good on the bike.  IMG_20150302_161636658.jpgIMG_20150302_161643590.jpg

I just bought one cause i ran into your video during youtube surfing lol, i needed a bag just for commuting and i got tired bringing my back pack all the time lol, thanks for a great review
Thanks! You're going to love the bag. I've been amazed how much I can fit in it when it's fully expanded. I was also surprised that it makes a good backrest when fully stocked! lol

• 5 months later...
travisaurusrex

How were you able to mount it with the straps passing under the pillion seat? Could you maybe post a picture?

I have the same one, and it is great!
I use just two straps to attach it to the seat, it works flawless.

Archived