The MT-07 Forum

Kriega US-10 Drypack

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
What's an EDC bag? That a brand name?
I was wondering the same, so I googled it. I guess they come in all sorts and sizes.  
The Kriega US10 is a handy little bag that can hold a lot of stuff but it's only 10 Liters. I don't think there is a way to make it lockable. It has a pocket on the top with one zipper but the main bag opening is rolled up and has clips. I wouldn't leave it on the bike if I was not there.

• Premium Member

Yes I had to google too and I guess the answer is depending! Love that answer! Depending how much stuff you carry in your EDC and how big it is. From the pictures I saw it would all just depend. You could go up to the 20L Kriega.

The good news I can go back to being mindless today as I learned my obligatory one thing today!

• Premium Member
So I received my Kriega US-10 today! Great little bag, perfect for commuting, and should be enough for day trips as well.  Really pleased. 
dSI3R5W.jpg

Looks awesome!

• Premium Member

Thanks guys. EDC bag = every day carry.. my general catch all bag. I think the 20 might do me well. But I'm still looking at other options, so if anyone has any input on other brands or types you've used I'd love to hear it. Ideally I can find something with at least a little security, but maybe I'll just keep my bag on my back while I commute for a while at first.

Everything went braap.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Kriega line. Will definitely look at one of their bags when my bike shows up!

Guest montana07

So important discovery on the Kriega 10. A 6 pack of canned beer is a tough fit if you try to slide them in the bag so the bottom of the cans is at the bottom of the bag. Instead I suggest "folding" the can's in the plastic rings so that there are three to a side and the tops of the can's touch. Slides in with plenty of room to spare.

• Global Moderator
So important discovery on the Kriega 10. A 6 pack of canned beer is a tough fit if you try to slide them in the bag so the bottom of the cans is at the bottom of the bag. Instead I suggest "folding" the can's in the plastic rings so that there are three to a side and the tops of the can's touch. Slides in with plenty of room to spare.
very important info indeed.. This is what this forum is all about !  Picture proof would help visualize it  ;)

One of these days I have to go to Revzilla.  I am super close.  Their awesome fast shipping however enables my laziness.  I love their website, no hassle returns and the videos of almost everything they sell are killer.

How big of a laptop can you fit in these drypacks?  My new job gave me a Lenova 4220 and its kind of a beast.  

TwistedTorque
One of these days I have to go to Revzilla.  I am super close.  Their awesome fast shipping however enables my laziness.  I love their website, no hassle returns and the videos of almost everything they sell are killer. 
How big of a laptop can you fit in these drypacks?  My new job gave me a Lenova 4220 and its kind of a beast.  
The physical store isn't actually all that amazing. It's nice looking and all don't get me wrong. They have mostly gear out in the open. The rest of the stuff is stocked in the back in their warehouse. It's still a nice place to see and great people to meet, but I'll stick with their free 2 day shipping since I'm one state over :-D

What is really cool though was watching people try on full suits and walk out to the bike and try it on without any hassle. 

• Premium Member
I own a US30. By far worth the investment. Those bags just keep filling up and up and up.

Do you happen to have a pic, or the ability to snap one with the 30L on your bike? I'm assuming you have an FZ-07, but either way would be helpful.

Much appreciated!

Everything went braap.

Guest montana07

As promised...

Standard Can Position:  Tight fit, seems like it might work but I didn't care to put it all the way to find out difficult getting them out again would be.

FQ9hLso.jpg

Flat Can Position
GEewQjo.jpg

Extremely crappy interior shot but you get the idea
FQ9hLso,GEewQjo,wMgd6E7#2wMgd6E7.jpg

• Premium Member
As promised... 
Standard Can Position:  Tight fit, seems like it might work but I didn't care to put it all the way to find out difficult getting them out again would be.

FQ9hLso.jpg

Flat Can Position
GEewQjo.jpg

Extremely crappy interior shot but you get the idea
FQ9hLso,GEewQjo,wMgd6E7#2wMgd6E7.jpg

Just made my whole day!!!

Guest montana07

Good now go ride your bike and drink. But in that order, and not together, and be sure to give it plenty of time before riding again!

• Premium Member

One more rave about my Kriega as I got caught in a storm on my way up to spend a day at a friends cottage yesterday and all my stuff was nice and dry that was in the bag when I got there! I on the other hand was wet! But the sun came out and was able to drymy jacket and pants while I swam and ate and had a great day!

njdevils1990

Any word on the tank bag adapter? I'm thinking about getting the 30 and a 10 if the adapter works with our bikes.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Any pics of the 20 or 30 on the bike? I am a photographer, and I would like to be able to put some camera equipment into these bags, while in their own camera bags as well. or even a small pelican case in there.

TwistedTorque
Any pics of the 20 or 30 on the bike? I am a photographer, and I would like to be able to put some camera equipment into these bags, while in their own camera bags as well. or even a small pelican case in there.
My bike is supposed to come in next week, I'll take a pic with the US30 on it since that will probably be the first thing I setup.

My bike is supposed to come in next week, I'll take a pic with the US30 on it since that will probably be the first thing I setup.
that would be awesome thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
that would be awesome thanks!
Have you gotten your bike yet?

TwistedTorque
I wish. Was supposed to be "yesterday".... I'm beyond frustrated.
ugh, that sucks!! 
And here ya go. US-30 Mounted. The only thing inside that bag is my bike cover fluffed up to give it some fullness but there is still PLENTY of room in that bag.

https://imgur.com/a/dgNs2

Let me know if you want some other kind of angle. Bike just came in and that was pretty much the first thing I did.

I got the kreiga us30 as well and happy with it so far. I think it is a great, and practical, size.

Just getting ready for a trip out to vancouver (from calgary) and then onto washington. Paired with the yamaha saddle bags, I think I am good.

Archived