The MT-07 Forum

MRA Double Bubble Windscreen-Three Month Review.

magsz18

• Premium Member
phicurious86

So I finally got around to changing the screen angle on my Givi screen.

Used 6 5/16 inch neoprene washers that I picked up from home depot. Think it was 1.45 or something for the lot.

Pic of the washers - [attachment id=231" thumbnail="1]

I added one washer under the front assembly - [attachment id=232" thumbnail="1]

And 2 under the aft assembly - [attachment id=233" thumbnail="1]   

I'm going on a longer ride this afternoon and will update with how it feels at 70+.

So good and bad, mostly good. Bad part is that with the soft washers there's noticeably more movement to the harness, and the screen looks like it "bounces" a bit more at 55+.

Good news is that the added bounce doesn't seem to affect the airflow so much that the mod was useless. This kicked the air hitting me while fully upright up another 3ish inches so that it's now rolling off the top part of the helmet instead of the lower part of the helmet and my neck. Made for a quieter ride with less helmet buffeting. Also, if I tuck forward just a bit, which I usually do, the air flows right over the top of the helmet and I barely notice it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the other windscreens are flat across the top of the screen and a hair taller where as this one bubbles up at the center and seems to be angled higher which may make the air stream go higher. Am I seeing that right? I've had my eye on this one for about 2 months now, it looks good but I'm still deciding whether to get one. I bought the cowl but I had an effing death grip because of the wind blast on the highway the other day and my hands were killing me. Was doing anywhere between 70 -100 and now I regret getting the cowl. Those beetles hurt like a mutha when they hit the chest at those speeds, too! 

Beemer

• 1 month later...

revzilla sells this now. Anyone have installed pictures? I am unsure of which color to go with...leaning towards clear

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• 1 month later...

I just ordered mine from revzilla. How tall are you guys with the screen? Im 5'5, a lot of the negative reviews on sport screens are from taller guys, 5'8 and up. Would being smaller statue help with this issue?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here but....

I recently installed the MRA double bubble and I'm very pleased. I'm 5'10, mainly use my bike to commute, and the bulk of my commute is on the highway.

I agree with the original poster. I normally would not go over 70mph during my commute because the wind was unbearable. Now I can cruise at 70mph comfortably while sitting upright. There is some buffeting at that speed, but it is much more manageable then having no windscreen at all. If you tuck behind the screen, you get very little wind. A windscreen is a must have if you do a lot of highway miles. I'm quite comfortable at 80-85mph now and my commute has been much more pleasurable. Having a windscreen really cuts down on fatigue from fighting the wind.

Riding around town, you're not going to notice much of a difference. It keeps the wind off of your chest but at non-highway speeds, the wind was not an issue anyway.

Overall, definitely a solid purchase and I would recommend.

ducttapewd40

I'm just going to say that this is a very good windscreen and about all I have to add to the reviews is that I think it is just the right balance for this bike between too small to do any good and so big that it looks out of place. I do think we need more pictures from people that have it installed. I'm pretty satisfied with how the solid black color looks on my grey bike.

download_20160326_203730.jpg

20170418_120329.jpg

20170418_120350.jpg

20170418_120608.jpg

20170418_120721.jpg

I personally think it looks great. I purchased the "grey smoke" and it's actually black on the bottom half and fades into a 35% (I think) tint on top.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
On 9/30/2016 at 9:20 PM, noob said:

has anyone tried the MRA screen with woodcraft 1.5" clip-ons in the down position?

Or the 1' in the down position? I'm interested in this as It might be the answer to the wind/buffeting helmet issue. I have the 1' rise adapter(not installed) as I'm really trying to find a solution. I do not have the MRA double bubble yet. To be honest the bigger concern is would the 1" riser in the down position even fit with the MRA screen? Anybody know if its a possible match? Or what screen it does work with?

Archived