The MT-07 Forum

My bike mods

mike6116

Well  i opened this thread  to have kind a history line of my bike since i got it

First  some pics form day one:

Pick up at Dealer:
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg

First  Ride  just a few blocks  from dealer and feeling  really really nervous  (got more than 6 years off no ridding)
IMG_0712.jpg

First mods  tail tiddy  install & oes sliders kit

IMG_0988.jpg

Rim Decals  installation

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Next to come   Yoshi R77 stainless steel kit ............

southernoregonduck

Nice bike Mike! I have a deposit to purchse the same color. I like your modifications. Where did you purchase the mods? What was the costs? The reflective tape looks great!

Ride with care!

Thanks, ive got the fender eliminator kit from Chris Reese on ebay also read about him here in the forums $75 with front DRL LED, OES kit was directly from oes webpage

Decals where from a ebay user cdggraphics at $18 there are a lot of options, ive got this and they like me, but i bet there are some better ones and will replace them when they start to look old.

Well  i opened this thread  to have kind a history line of my bike since i got it 

First  some pics form day one:

Pick up at Dealer:
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg

First  Ride  just a few blocks  from dealer and feeling  really really nervous  (got more than 6 years off no ridding)
IMG_0712.jpg

First mods  tail tiddy  install & oes sliders kit

IMG_0988.jpg

Rim Decals  installation

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Next to come   Yoshi R77 stainless steel kit ............

I just installed that exact exhaust. Follow the written directions closely, and you will do just fine. There are two YouTube videos that incorrectly mount the plate to the muffler before mounting the plate to the frame. This results in the installer having to fight two torturous nut and bolt attachments rather than one. I used a pair of needle nose pliers to get the bolt started for the muffler/plate attachment.

Total install time: 90 minutes.

Don't forget to wipe the whole exhaust down with 91% isopropyl alcohol when you finish, prior to starting the bike. The oils from your hands will mar the exhaust finish if you don't!

Wait until you see just how hideous the stock exhaust is...

The Yoshi sounds like a beast. I kept the db reducer in. Its too loud without it. This is how the bike was meant to sound, IMHO.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Guest whitegas

@mike6116, when you get the Yoshi exhaust, do yourself a favor and download the pdf for the akrapovic titanium installation.

http://www.revzilla.com/assets/0000/7130/akrapovic_yamaha_fz07_racing_line_titanium_system.pdf

The Yoshi installation guide is greatly lacking. The Akra pdf has torque values and nice pictures. Also do yourself a favor and tape up the heel guard edges with electrical tape. Some type of rubber or plastic tape, not paper tape like masking tape. Failing that, you probably should just remove the heel guard completely before loosening the foot rest bolts.

Congrats!!

The Yoshi exhaust with the DB killer in is music!
Here's my video on it (the akrapovic install instructions are much better to follow)

@mike6116, when you get the Yoshi exhaust, do yourself a favor and download the pdf for the akrapovic titanium installation. 
http://www.revzilla.com/assets/0000/7130/akrapovic_yamaha_fz07_racing_line_titanium_system.pdf

The Yoshi installation guide is greatly lacking. The Akra pdf has torque values and nice pictures. Also do yourself a favor and tape up the heel guard edges with electrical tape. Some type of rubber or plastic tape, not paper tape like masking tape. Failing that, you probably should just remove the heel guard completely before loosening the foot rest bolts.

The Akra instructions have the wrong torque value for the header stud nuts. They say 16 ft lbs vs the shop manual's 14 ft lbs. Just an FYI. 

Guest whitegas

The Akra instructions have the wrong torque value for the header stud nuts. They say 16 ft lbs vs the shop manual's 14 ft lbs. Just an FYI.
Thanks, good to know.  One of these days I'll pick up the shop manual.

Well , yoshi is in, i have no pics at this moment will take some latter today, about install i have some rough time gettin the header in, it didnt fit, have to make some tweaks to get it fit in, took me about an hour just to do that. everything else is really easy to remove/install. ohhhh man it sounds GREAT!!!!!!! totally worth the money i paid

Well, i have just put arround 20 miles since yoshi install, very bad weather here, lots of rain these days, it seems this weekend will be bright sunny, so will take her for a ride.

I like very much the golden finish pipes have turned on, they just turn gold on less than 5 miles riding.

Archived