The MT-07 Forum

How to: FZ-07 Dobeck Performance EJK Installation

fzhooligan

Man, thanks for all this hard work...makes me want the Yoshi even more cuz I was lost trying to figure out what the pics were showing me sometimes. Would it be possible for you to add some arrows pointing to the bolts, fasteners...etc. that you are referring to, otherwise, some shop will be doing my EJK install if I get one

Very cool man!

Thank you!

The only thing im not clear about is where exactly the EJK "bolts" in, ie where its connection points connect to.

Very cool man! 
Thank you!

The only thing im not clear about is where exactly the EJK "bolts" in, ie where its connection points connect to.
Check the post again. I just uploaded the pic of where it's mounted. I forgot to get a picture of that so I took one this morning.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Any chance you can show us where the EJK actually connects on the bike?

Thanks again for the pics man, this is a great guide.

Man, thanks for all this hard work...makes me want the Yoshi even more cuz I was lost trying to figure out what the pics were showing me sometimes. Would it be possible for you to add some arrows pointing to the bolts, fasteners...etc. that you are referring to, otherwise, some shop will be doing my EJK install if I get one
Are there any members near you that can lend a helping hand? If you're in socal, I'll do it for a couple beers haha.

I was going to add arrows but I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to decipher. Maybe I'll add them next time I get some free time.
  • Like 1

'15 FZ-07

Are there any members near you that can lend a helping hand? If you're in socal, I'll do it for a couple beers haha. 
I was going to add arrows but I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to decipher. Maybe I'll add them next time I get some free time.
I think there might be 1 or 2...never ran into them, I live in the South...home of, "U should ride a Harley boy, it's Mericuhn made" 
:) :) :)
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Kudos for taking the time to make this so much easier for the rest of us! Your pics show how simple the install actually is.

I do have one question though.... Do the injector connectors just unplug, or do you have to release them by pushing in on a tab or by squeezing the connector somehow?

• Premium Member
I might just have to take you up on that offer... Did you purchase the EJK separately? Cus I was wondering what it costs if I just purchased the EJK since I already have the exhaust. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I might just have to take you up on that offer... Did you purchase the EJK separately? Cus I was wondering what it costs if I just purchased the EJK since I already have the exhaust. 
quotes on quotes on quotes haha. 
Yeah I ran the Yoshi around for about a thousand miles. The EJK was $225 shipped. ($250 w/ $25 forum discount!!)
  • Like 1

'15 FZ-07

• Premium Member
quotes on quotes on quotes haha. 
Yeah I ran the Yoshi around for about a thousand miles. The EJK was $225 shipped. ($250 w/ $25 forum discount!!)
Thanks!! If you're serious and willing to help me, this is definitely something I'd like to have (and will need to save up for). Let me know and then tell me what beer you want!!  :D
  • Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 1 month later...

If you keep the silencer in the muffler, Yoshi says you don't need a fuel controller. Weather that's true or not for Akra, I couldn't tell you.

'15 FZ-07

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Really nice job man, thank you so much.  I have an exhaust and EJK on order now and this will come in very handy when it arrives (so damn anxious I can barely stand myself lol).

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Don't sweat it cracka. To be honest you could finish this job before you finish a beer. It's a pretty quick and straight forward job.

• Like 1

'15 FZ-07

• 2 weeks later...

I have the akra carbon and I'm getting so many mixed answers from dealers and forums. I do feel less torque throughout the entire powerband after install, but it's almost not noticable after I got used to it. One dealer told me that power commanders don't work well on yamahas. My engine temp cools down less quickly after rides, but I'm still averaging the about the same mpg. Is buying the ejk really going to assist me, or is it entirely ness. Because I've heard others online say I don't need it, and this point I'm really confused about who to believe. Also how do I get the forum discount for the ejk

I have the akra carbon and I'm getting so many mixed answers from dealers and forums. I do feel less torque throughout the entire powerband after install, but it's almost not noticable after I got used to it. One dealer told me that power commanders don't work well on yamahas. My engine temp cools down less quickly after rides, but I'm still averaging the about the same mpg. Is buying the ejk really going to assist me, or is it entirely ness. Because I've heard others online say I don't need it, and this point I'm really confused about who to believe. Also how do I get the forum discount for the ejk
although not completely necessary, because it won't make you run lean and cause engine damage, after a few tweaks to the EJK yoshi tune, I don't feel any flat spots or loss of torque. The bike feels great and pulls hard from pretty much any point on the tach. Well, as hard as a 700 twin should at least. It's no R1 though haha. 
All in all, I'm definitely satisfied with it and would prefer having the EJK over just having the factory tune.
Another thing that woke it up to a real real fun point was adding a 15t front sprocket. Wheelies everywhere ;-)

'15 FZ-07

You can get the discount by calling Dobeck Performance and telling them your FZ-07 Username.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'm struggling to work out where the EJK actually connects. I have the tank off and here is what I see. Can anyone point out which are the right connectors?

Is this unit entirely nessisarry for the akra. Carbon exsaust, or nay after market exsaust
I bought the Akra carbon and didn't want to take any chances after reading this so I bought an EJK controller. 

www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_EFI_controller.html

Beemer