The MT-07 Forum

A little price sensitivity poll

pattonme

• Premium Member
You may be getting my FZ-09 forks..
How much would they be an improvement over the 07?   How much modding to retrofit? 

Why can't left turners see us?

> How much would they be an improvement over the 07?

a LOT! though not as good as my cartridges or AK-20. ;-) Primarily because the OEM valving is shit. (Come on yamaha, you OWN Ohlins for pete's sake. Beg, borrow, steal time on a fork dyno and some fluid-dynamics software!)

> How much modding to retrofit?

I expect it is a lot of bother unless you've got the whole front end including triples. You can get GSXR/R6 front-ends for pretty cheap and readily available too. I could argue they are a generous cut above FZ09 equipment. I don't know how the FZ07 mounts all the gauges and such. If off the frame it makes things easier.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I would be willing to pay 6-800 depending on what I get, I am also willing to swap out forks and triple tree with other models which fit, kinda like you can do with GSR front ends on SV650s.

• Premium Member

I've definitely thought of the upgrade, but I am under 140lbs...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Just because you're <140 doesn't mean you won't see a benfit. Just that you don't need higher-rated springs. The OEM damping will still be largely indistinguishable from a child's pogo stick. Just not quite as irritating as it is for those of us in the 170lb+ bracket.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived