The MT-07 Forum

Motodynamic tail light in stock!

TwistedTorque

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the notification via email, got mine ordered.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

hahaha i was just going to come on and post the same thing. Ordered mine, as well as some flush mounts for an experiment (more on that later)

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Thanks for the heads up! Got mine ordered. I'd like to use them in conjunction with my Yamaha LED signals, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I tried ordering this morning, but they are out of stock once again. I should have ordered last night when they were in stock :(

fooschnickens
Thanks for the heads up! Got mine ordered. I'd like to use them in conjunction with my Yamaha LED signals, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
I'm wondering how they work with the stock signals as well. They say everything is plug and play, but does the tail kit preempt the factory turn signals?

Guess we'll all find out in a few days once they get shipped and delivered.

If you read the instructions that they have linked on their page, they talk about using it in conjunction with stock signals.

These also are utilizing resistors, fyi. Apparently you are able to disable them though.

I didn't even notice that I ordered the smoked edition. Grrr.. I hope it doesn't look too bad.
Hey if you don't like it send me a pm I'll buy it off you!

fooschnickens
If you read the instructions that they have linked on their page, they talk about using it in conjunction with stock signals. 

These also are utilizing resistors, fyi. Apparently you are able to disable them though.
I ordered in my phone so I didn't thoroughly examine the site. Plus I didn't see the instructions up there when I first put my name in the hat for in stock notifications.

Good to know they work that way.

TwistedTorque

Mine too but I won't have time to even put it on within the next 2 weeks :/ I'd still like it to come so I can stare at it.

I went into the instructions and it looks like there is an additional splitter harness that needs to be purchased. I bought one and it's on the way along with the tail light.  
The part number is WH-SPL-Y02 here.

I currently have the Yamaha tail tidy and LED signals on the front and back so I'll experiment and try and find the best case scenario for this mess. I'll make sure and attempt both fast and standard flash for reporting purposes, as I have both relays.

My hope is that the sequential blink will lead to the Yamaha LED signal lighting up. That will look bad ass. 

Edit: I just realized why the fast flash wouldn't work with the new tail light. Disregard that particular experiment.

TwistedTorque

Sweeeeeet. Mine comes in today too. I'm gonna try and get it on the bike next weekend. Let us know how it goes!

Guys cmon quit buying them all! I need to get my hands on one to add to the stack of parts I have waiting to install.

I'll call her Betty W
http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/led-tail-lights/fz1-fz6-fz6r-fz8-fz07-fz09/2015-yamaha-fz-07-sequential-led-tail-lights-clear.html

Clear sets still available for order.  Once my clear light comes in I will see how it looks on the bike then make the decision on if I want to have a tinting company to smoke it out for me.  We shall see!

Sweet! Just bought the clear one. I will go the same rout as stated above^^ I'll just bring it somewhere and get it tinted.

Installed mine yesterday, still waiting on the Yoshimura eliminator that should arrive tomorrow. I will post pics soon.

SouthernSpeed

any ones used the tail light with led front signals yet ?

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

Archived