The MT-07 Forum

Front Stand

ch3rryghost

take the 23mm pin to your local Lathe operator and have him cut 1/2 of it down to 22mm.
Agreed, that's what I'm having done. The 23 is too large and 21 has a bit of play. Either way, the pin doesn't bottom out and the bottom clamp actually rests on the tubing of the stand. The pin is just a guide for the Venom triple tree lift, it seems. Also, it's very tight with the fender and headlamp assembly in the current pin situation. Going to have to add some custom padding (shop rags duct taped to the triple tree attachment of stand). 
Ordered the Venom Triple Tree Stand with the #2 pin kit and the Venom Rear Swing arm Stand from the same vendor for under $100 shipped from Canada. Got it in 3 days to Pennsylvania....to my surprise. It is a solid stand for the FZ-07. I probably wouldn't trust it for some of my bigger/previous bikes but works perfect for this one.

Pushing the bike around my garage on the stands, it did feel very stable and left me very confident for future use. I still don't like that pin set up and am going to have it turned. It came with a 20, 21, 23, 24 and a 27 set of head lift pins. I think I'm gonna have the 27 turned to ~21.25mm (gonna mic it for good measure (no pun intended)) for 2/3 of the upper insertion point of the pin in order to have the weight on the pin and not the tubing.

The Venom kit doesn't have a 22mm pin. But you can always use a washer that slips over the pin if it's a little loose. Here's the Venom kit: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162051862600
For ten bucks more you can get the rest of the stand....not just the triple tree attachment. lol 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322189274804?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Link to where I bought my front and rear set with [HASH]2 pin kit and swing arm paddles. Only downside is this set doesn't include rear spool holders or the front fork attachments, should you want to use them for other bikes/purposes.

https://smile.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Swingarm-Paddock-Attachments-Kawasaki/dp/B00AV8HOEQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1471304575&sr=8-6&keywords=venom+fork+attachment

Also, it's very tight with the fender and headlamp assembly in the current pin situation. Going to have to add some custom padding (shop rags duct taped to the triple tree attachment of stand).

When I had @2wheeler 's bike up on the stand the headlight would have been bearing weight had I not removed the 2 bolts and bracket that anchor said headlight under the triple clamp. Undo those so the headlight assembly can pivot upward and out of the way. (one more reason I hate non-round headlights)

Oh and don't forget to pull the aluminum standoffs from out of their rubber mounts or they'll probably work loose and drop to the ground and roll away into the storm drain...
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Guest ChicagoAJ
Also, it's very tight with the fender and headlamp assembly in the current pin situation. Going to have to add some custom padding (shop rags duct taped to the triple tree attachment of stand).
When I had @2wheeler 's bike up on the stand the headlight would have been bearing weight had I not removed the 2 bolts and bracket that anchor said headlight under the triple clamp. Undo those so the headlight assembly can pivot upward and out of the way. (one more reason I hate non-round headlights) 
Oh and don't forget to pull the aluminum standoffs from out of their rubber mounts or they'll probably work loose and drop to the ground and roll away into the storm drain...
That is literally how I lost one of the headlight collars. Right down my driveway into a sewer when I was replacing the bulb.  
@n3ren - I already have the bottom part of the stand from a previous purchase years ago when I got my first bike. :/

Archived