The MT-07 Forum

The Official Carolina Chapter!

fzpolice

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

Right on. Howdy neighbor.

If anyone is interested, some friends and I are going motorcycle-camping in east TN the weekend of May 22.  From Gastonia, its about a 4 hr ride* up US321 through Boone and North on US421 to Shady Valley TN.  We'll be staying at Switchback Creek. Camping is cheap. Theres rarely anyone there but our group... sometimes we'll get an Appalachian trail hiker, or some random group of goldwingers.  But its quiet and peaceful and the road is one of the best-kept secrets in motorcycling (word is getting out, but its still not tail-of-the-dragon-hectic). I may trailer my bike up.  If my sweetheart doesn't go, I can put a second bike on the trailer if anyone wants to hitch a ride.

* if you stop for lunch and whatnot.

• Like 2

-HowWorkClutch

Right on. Howdy neighbor. 
If anyone is interested, some friends and I are going motorcycle-camping in east TN the weekend of May 22.  From Gastonia, its about a 4 hr ride* up US321 through Boone and North on US421 to Shady Valley TN.  We'll be staying at Switchback Creek. Camping is cheap. Theres rarely anyone there but our group... sometimes we'll get an Appalachian trail hiker, or some random group of goldwingers.  But its quiet and peaceful and the road is one of the best-kept secrets in motorcycling (word is getting out, but its still not tail-of-the-dragon-hectic). I may trailer my bike up.  If my sweetheart doesn't go, I can put a second bike on the trailer if anyone wants to hitch a ride.

* if you stop for lunch and whatnot.

That sounds awesome! I'll see if I can gey off work. Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Sunday?

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

Friday night through Sunday afternoon, but we don't keep schedules or any of that. Show up when you want stay as long as you like.

During the day we are usually ifound in two places: on us421 (riding the switchbacks) or down at the country store in shady valley. The store is usually packed with motorcycles. There's always someone to bs with. The people are very friendly.

At night we usually grill something, tell lies around the campfire, and enjoy a few beverages.

It's a low key affair. Everyone is friendly. Very relaxing.

• Like 2

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

I just realized thats memorial day weekend. I'll probably be up there later friday evening, and wont leave until monday morning.

Since its a long weekend, and you've all been given ample time to plan, I hope to meet up with a whole bunch of FZ07's. Hopefully, Wild Bill will have bought one by then and he wont be drooling all over everyones bikes :)

Give me a headsup if you can go. If I know there is a crowd, I'll try to get a pig to roast for saturday evening.

• Like 1

-HowWorkClutch

That sounds great, man. Let me know if you end up having an open space on that trailer or decide to ride up. I have no problem making the trip on the bike if I'm with at least 1 of you.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

The second spot/passengers seat is yours, fzpolice. What time can you hit he road? I'm done w/ work at 5. I work from home on fridays so if I load-up the truck in the morning, I can split in short-order.

How about you Joey? Wanna follow us up?

Besides mind-blowing riding, theres also flyfishing nearby, the bristol dragway and speedway, the va creeper trail (rent a bicycle and ride), lots of hiking trails including the appalachian, and boone is about 35 minutes away.... theres plenty to do over there. Or, just relax at the campground and watch absolutely-nothing-happen all day.

I was talking with my partner-in-crime about dsmoking a hog and he said he'd rather just do burgers/dawgs/brats etc. We never get any sleep when we do a whole pig, and he'll have his kids with him so a sleepless night doesn't work.

Only two weekends away.

I'll throw a cancellation-post up if the weather doesn't work in our favor.

And for anyone who's worried about meeting a bunch of strangers in the mountains: how about we have a meet-n-greet this weekend or next? I hear theres a new brewery somewhere in belmont. If you want to take a real nice ride, theres fonta flora brewery (excellent) in morganton... very close to nc181, which is a really fun road to ride. Thoughts?

• Like 1

-HowWorkClutch

• 4 weeks later...
The second spot/passengers seat is yours, fzpolice. What time can you hit he road? I'm done w/ work at 5. I work from home on fridays so if I load-up the truck in the morning, I can split in short-order. 
How about you Joey? Wanna follow us up?

Besides mind-blowing riding, theres also flyfishing nearby, the bristol dragway and speedway, the va creeper trail (rent a bicycle and ride), lots of hiking trails including the appalachian, and boone is about 35 minutes away.... theres plenty to do over there. Or, just relax at the campground and watch absolutely-nothing-happen all day.

I was talking with my partner-in-crime about dsmoking a hog and he said he'd rather just do burgers/dawgs/brats etc. We never get any sleep when we do a whole pig, and he'll have his kids with him so a sleepless night doesn't work.

Only two weekends away.

I'll throw a cancellation-post up if the weather doesn't work in our favor.

And for anyone who's worried about meeting a bunch of strangers in the mountains: how about we have a meet-n-greet this weekend or next? I hear theres a new brewery somewhere in belmont. If you want to take a real nice ride, theres fonta flora brewery (excellent) in morganton... very close to nc181, which is a really fun road to ride. Thoughts?

Man, I'm so sorry to have missed this. I'm sure you guys had a blast. Work and life have been so hectic lately I haven't even had time to get on my computer pretty much at all this month. Definitely keep us updated on the next one!

I live in Mooresville, NC which is just north of Charlotte. 
Welcome, stepside! 
We've got quite the little Charlotte group going :)

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

We're probably going to go up for the weekend of july 4th. Meanwhile: Friday evenings at Tavern 24 in Gastonia. I should be there this Friday, but not the following two Fridays... I'll be out on The Long Road

-HowWorkClutch

• 1 month later...

I'm in Camden, SC!!

**Warning: If my bike is on a trailer it is being stolen.**

I'm actually about 25-30 minutes from Charlotte itself. I'm not sure how far I am from the Ballantyne area, lol. I'm around the Stanley/Dallas area which is around Gastonia. Not sure if you know where that is, lol. We should definitely get up sometime and go for a cruise :D

I'm from Gastonia right outside Charlotte. I'm on a few other fz forums. Need to make a profile on here this looks like the most fz07 riders I've seen from near Charlotte. I haven't passed a single one on the road yet

Where about? Im in the Stanley/Mount Holly/Dallas area. I'm always riding around Franklin in Gastonia. I'm always down to ride with a fellow fz owner!

I'm right near Robinson elementary school. If you know where that is. I'm on a white fz07 with white helmet and white and black jacket. What color is your bike I'll keep an eye out. Im always riding when I'm not workin. I usually ride down on the Sc boarder down by TBones on the lake and that whole stretch of back roads. I'll cruise franklin every once in a while but there's so many damn stoplights I usually don't ride there unless I'm goin to franklin square

I'm right near Robinson elementary school. If you know where that is. I'm on a white fz07 with white helmet and white and black jacket. What color is your bike I'll keep an eye out. Im always riding when I'm not workin. I usually ride down on the Sc boarder down by TBones on the lake and that whole stretch of back roads. I'll cruise franklin every once in a while but there's so many damn stoplights I usually don't ride there unless I'm goin to franklin square

I've never been down that way. I ride 3b92c3607a8af6b55e1d784824ba9347.jpg

My helmet looks like thisc387b90e4ccd93ffab400aa30bda3a22.jpg039844460c6e02679c0b7adde5884c5d.jpg

I wear a black and white jacket.

Joey do you have a facebook? join the Fz07 riders group I'm a member and we can arrange a meet up for charlotte and ride. I'm actually off work tomorrow and am probably going to ride all day

Joey do you have a facebook? join the Fz07 riders group I'm a member and we can arrange a meet up for charlotte and ride. I'm actually off work tomorrow and am probably going to ride all day

I do, and already am a member of the group. What's your name?
Joey Hampton here.

Welcome Baxter and ibgroomin!

9 members now! Awesome. What say you guys we put together a Saturday get together?

Welcome Baxter and ibgroomin! 
9 members now! Awesome. What say you guys we put together a Saturday get together?

I'm down. We could meet up, go for a ride or something and then grab some food if everyone was up for it.

Not in NC but will be moving there late next spring up to Avery county Spruce Pine area

• Like 1

Not in NC but will be moving there late next spring up to Avery county Spruce Pine area

Welcome, reaper. Where are you moving from?

Northwest Florida panama city beach area

Why are you moving? If you don't mind me asking. I'd rather stay there, lol.

The wife and I hate it here to many tourist not enuff jobs and to damn hot I grew up in north east tn and miss the mountains so we are going back and my parents live in Linville falls so I found a job as a welder in the spruce pines area

Alright guys, for those who haven't seen the post on the FZ Facebook page, we're planning a meet up Thursday evening. What does everyone say to Fuel Pizza off Central Ave. (Charlotte) at 6:30?