The MT-07 Forum

Best radiator guard?

rowdy

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered the Brit one, since it looks like the best bargain. I don't mind the Union Jack. My wife was made in the UK too!

Thanks to everyone that posted pics in this thread, purchased the pyramid gaurd today. Just can't get passed those raised letters on the evotech....

bmwpowere36m3

Honestly you'll never notice the "embossed" EP on the Evotech guard… personally I think those with MT, FZ, etc.. markings are gaudy. We get it, its an FZ-07.

• Premium Member
Honestly you'll never notice the "embossed" EP on the Evotech guard… personally I think those with MT, FZ, etc.. markings are gaudy. We get it, its an FZ-07.
I have to agree that the EP raised lettering is so subtle that it goes completely unnoticed unless you are looking for it.   Still my fav. 

Why can't left turners see us?

I have to agree that the EP raised lettering is so subtle that it goes completely unnoticed unless you are looking for it.   Still my fav.
Looking at hippiebikerchicks pic on page 1 how can you say that huge EP is barely noticeable? 

I don't have a radiator guard yet, but after reading and seeing pics in this thread, I will most likely purchase the Evotech. There seems to be a good amount of options, but the EP seems to be a very clean design.

• Premium Member
Looking at hippiebikerchicks pic on page 1 how can you say that huge EP is barely noticeable?
I didn't see that picture, but I can look at my bike any time I want because I've got one. Can you see it in this picture?  :)

[attachment id=1614" thumbnail="1]

Why can't left turners see us?

nope, wonder if they changed it? or maybe it's the 'blurple' distracting me lol. Looks like I could've (should've) gone evotech, but my pyramid is coming with a fenda extenda...

• 2 months later...
Guest 2wheeler
I don't like the unsightly embossed letters of the Evotech guards. If they would've just not done that, I would've been sold on it.
Just got my Evotech radiator guard, and they don't appear to make them anymore with the embossed/raised EP letters on them. I bought them expecting it (not super happy about it), so this was a pleasant surprise! 
At the bottom and to the left, it says "Evotech Performance" with the EP logo, but it's in a pretty small, dark gray print - very not noticeable with it being 1/4" high and 1.75" long

Another plus, I checked Motostarz's website and they knocked the price down again to $80.04 plus shipping

I don't like the unsightly embossed letters of the Evotech guards. If they would've just not done that, I would've been sold on it.
Just got my Evotech radiator guard, and they don't appear to make them anymore with the embossed/raised EP letters on them. I bought them expecting it (not super happy about it), so this was a pleasant surprise! 
At the bottom and to the left, it says "Evotech Performance" with the EP logo, but it's in a pretty small, dark gray print - very not noticeable with it being 1/4" high and 1.75" long

Another plus, I checked Motostarz's website and they knocked the price down again to $80.04 plus shipping

x2 don't have embossed letters on mine.. looks way better IMO.. ordered on motostarz.ca last week

• Global Moderator
Has anyone checked out the Yamaha OEM radiator guard?
I am pretty sure that did not exist when I got my Evotech. I would probably have bought it just because it was the Yamaha one. I did get the Yamaha fly screen after all. 

• Global Moderator
Has anyone checked out the Yamaha OEM radiator guard?
I am pretty sure that did not exist when I got my Evotech. I would probably have bought it just because it was the Yamaha one. I did get the Yamaha fly screen after all. 
I think the Yamaha version was only available in Europe

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the bolt pattern dimensions for the radiator guard? I want to make a custom one, but my bike is in the shop right now. So I cannot measure it.

• 1 month later...

@lovakhan I really like that radiator guard, especially with the Japan flag. It's exactly what I wanted after seeing the one earlier in the thread with the GB flag. I know you got it used but do you have any specifics on it, such as where I can buy it and if the flag was installed post-buy?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it right after posting this. If anyone else is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-07-Radiator-Guard-FZ-07-Rad-Cover-2014-2015-2016-Stainless-Steel-/252550767027?hash=item3acd32e1b3:g:zVcAAOSwUuFWvyd-&vxp=mtr

@lovakhan I really like that radiator guard, especially with the Japan flag. It's exactly what I wanted after seeing the one earlier in the thread with the GB flag. I know you got it used but do you have any specifics on it, such as where I can buy it and if the flag was installed post-buy? 
EDIT: Nevermind, found it right after posting this. If anyone else is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-07-Radiator-Guard-FZ-07-Rad-Cover-2014-2015-2016-Stainless-Steel-/252550767027?hash=item3acd32e1b3:g:zVcAAOSwUuFWvyd-&vxp=mtr
Yup this is the right one. I recieved it new actually. Seamless installation. Just make sure, since its from uk, that you get the pricing for US delivery. He has two listed; one for UK and one for US/ overseas. And you havento pm him which flag you want. Good luck :)

• 6 months later...
hugson2wheels

...... Mesh screen from Home Depot and some black spray paint.... $10

Looks just as good as the ridiculously over priced guards and does the job.

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

Archived