The MT-07 Forum

Best radiator guard?

rowdy

• Premium Member

I've been thinking about putting a radiator guard on.  Anyone seen any that stand out as factory looking, well made, and protective?

Why can't left turners see us?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

[div]I like my Evotech one. Rotary Ryan in the supporting vendors area also has a nice one. There are a few other options too. Here is a photo of mine. [/div]622f380a876b6fce78e4dd8f45cd0ccb_zps5c654347.jpg

I prefer the evotech since it covers the entire radiator top to bottom.

Installation was very easy and the part was well made.

• Premium Member
I've got a Cox Racing one that is pretty nice. They have a lot of color options as well.
Got any any pics?  

I like my Smoto with the stock sides better...but that Evotech is a well done guard!

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

I've got a Cox Racing one that is pretty nice. They have a lot of color options as well.
Got any any pics?
My phone's camera isn't working, but I'll post pics when I get the new one. I can say that the red doesn't match our bike's red, but I don't know about the blue or white.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I got to see RotaryRyan's cover in person and for some reason, the pictures make it look kind of funky but seeing it in person makes a big difference. I was quite shocked at the difference in person (no offense Ryan) The thing looks really good on his bike. His quality of work and materials are hands down above anything else I have seen.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

fullfz07pic_zpstu7sext6.jpg

fz07frontradguard_zpsuby4d5tw.jpg

fz07radguard_zpszn7zgmdh.jpg

You can see that it's not a color match to the tank panels, but it does come really close to matching my Pazzo levers. This is the Cox Racing guard. You can get it in a bunch of other colors too, including black.

• Premium Member

Okay. I ordered the EvoTech. You are all in trouble if I don't like it! ;)

I don't like the unsightly embossed letters of the Evotech guards. If they would've just not done that, I would've been sold on it.
They aren't really even that noticeable.

Perfect -- I've been looking for a guard with "full coverage". Ya'll have again helped me part with more of my money. I just ordered the Evotech!

How did you get the evotech guard to install with the metal yamaha side covers?!?! I need to know, i spent a good couple hours trying to figure out a way till i gave up and was gonna order the R&G one cause i heard they install fine with the metal side covers fine. I much rather have the evotech one because i like the look better. Thanks for any help.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
How did you get the evotech guard to install with the metal yamaha side covers?!?! I need to know, i spent a good couple hours trying to figure out a way till i gave up and was gonna order the R&G one cause i heard they install fine with the metal side covers fine. I much rather have the evotech one because i like the look better. Thanks for any help.
Did you get my pm?

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have the RG Radiator guard. The screw holes are oval shaped and oriented laterally. Each screw fit tightly towards the inside laterally. By the time I was tightening the fourth screw, I had very little play left and it was a tight fight, and difficult to get the threads to take hold.

Archived