The MT-07 Forum

Need help, found some pieces...

she3pdog

So, I was taking the straps off of my bike just now, and when I finished, I saw these two guys on the ground. I assume they're from my bike, but I have no idea where they came from or if they're important. Please help!

Photo%20on%202-20-15%20at%206.06%20PM_zpsgwyqvm38.jpg

I've been looking everywhere for where they go or what they could be. The larger one seems to be used for the plastic bits, but I can't find anything that seems loose. I have absolutely no idea on the smaller one. It has a phillips head if that helps anyone out. I don't see anywhere on the bike that a screw like that is used. My initial concern was that it came from a spot that would affect the gear shift or rear brake, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yeah, the larger is a panel fastener, most likely it wont make a panel feel loose with only 1 missing.
What straps were you taking off?
(Sorry I don't have a FZ at the moment, but I have taken a few fairings etc off previous bikes)

The silver ones that run up the side of the bike.
Did you take that black guard off? The one right above the shifter? What about the other one above that right where the silver piece ends, also on the left hand side, there is a sister piece on the right hand side too. 

Also, sometimes small screws are used to keep brake lines snug in place behind those silver guards you removed.
Personally, I would take it apart just as you did before and look for the hole as you go along.
In a designated area make a "parts time line" so to say so you can work it backwards when you put it back together, this time knowing for sure what comes next. If there are multiple bolts, put em in baggies and tape them to the piece they secure into place.
Good luck!

I've been looking for a while now. I have absolutely no idea. It's dark now though, so I'll see if I can get a better view of that area tomorrow. It doesn't seem to be anything necessary for the bike to operate correctly though, so I'm not too concerned about it anymore.

Ya, I'll be looking at all the plastic bits tomorrow. I think it came from the brake side because they were both on that side of the bike, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm leaving the straps off and just getting some wire wrap for the exposed bits. It looks nice that way IMO. I'll post pictures tomorrow and update on where these freaking things go.

It may also be worth noting that I didn't intentionally move those bits. They must have fallen while I was removing the strap, so they must have been on something somewhat exposed and near that area.

Found it. The larger one is part 32 from Stand Footrest 2 found on Yamaha's website here: http://www.yamahapartspro.com/oemparts/a/yam/53a99b08f8700220a441584c/stand-footrest-2

Still looking for the tiny screw.

Edit: I'm reasonably certain that the tiny screw doesn't belong to the bike now. I've looked over the diagrams and whatnot, and I don't see a screw like that used anywhere on the bike.

Nah, I wasn't messing with that part of the bike, and those screws aren't pointed at the end like the one I found is.

Also, yes, 32. Fixed it in the post.

Archived