The MT-07 Forum

New rider here!

fzpolice

Hey guys! Super excited to be here. Just got approved for finance on my new graphite FZ07 which I will be picking up in a couple weeks after I finish my endorsement class. This will be my first bike and wasn't even on my radar until I went shopping and my sales guy wanted to show me his next bike. After reading/watching countless reviews, I couldn't resist stealing it out from under him. (I felt bad until I realized he was profiting off it. Lol.)

Anyway, my name's Holden. Any other Charlotte area riders here?

Thanks Stache! Yes sir, Charlotte, NC. Not a whole lot of bikers here in general, but can't say I've seen an FZ-07 on the road, though haven't really been looking.

I need people to ride with. I only have one friend that used to ride and he doesn't have his bike anymore.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. I'm not in NC, but I'm not opposed to some extended rides down south when the weather turns.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome fzpolice! Glad you joined our little group.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hey @fzpolice, glad you could join. I bet you can't wait until you can pick her up !

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I'm stoked. I can't stop watching exhaust videos and I may even pull the trigger on one before I bring the bike home. So far the Arrow is really doing it for me :)

That's a good question. The tones vary so much with every YouTube video. One video made it sound really throaty but another video made the Akropovic sound better. I drive a V8. I like throaty and loud.

The arrow sound cannot be described in words. I know that I made the right choice. I actually own the arrow system and the Dobeck EJK. Best Tag Team since Legion of Doom.

Honestly, my two choices were between the arrow and the akra carbon. You can't go wrong with any exhaust on our bikes. They all look good in the eye of the owner/rider and that is all that matters.

I prefer the original long version as the R&D at Arrow made the mid pipe ala "FMF powerbomb" and taking out that mid pipe will cause a lot of reversion. Plus I'm old school and prefer the MotoGP Look.

I did see the pictures. I wish there were more videos. I too prefer the look of the longer exhaust.

Is yours the black aluminum with steel end cap? Love the look.

Yes it is. I didn't go for the carbon since over time, it starts yellowing. Especially, since it's the end cap and where everything is passing through.

Archived