Sign in to follow this  
fzpolice

New rider here!

fzpolice
Hey guys! Super excited to be here. Just got approved for finance on my new graphite FZ07 which I will be picking up in a couple weeks after I finish my endorsement class. This will be my first bike and wasn't even on my radar until I went shopping and my sales guy wanted to show me his next bike. After reading/watching countless reviews, I couldn't resist stealing it out from under him. (I felt bad until I realized he was profiting off it. Lol.)

Anyway, my name's Holden. Any other Charlotte area riders here?

thestache
heya FZPolice....grats, Charlotte, NC? I am not, Nashville, but we have people everywhere...enjoy the awesome Blurple FZ07...I love mine

fzpolice
Thanks Stache! Yes sir, Charlotte, NC. Not a whole lot of bikers here in general, but can't say I've seen an FZ-07 on the road, though haven't really been looking.

I need people to ride with. I only have one friend that used to ride and he doesn't have his bike anymore.

hobbs
Welcome to the forums. I'm not in NC, but I'm not opposed to some extended rides down south when the weather turns.
  • Like 1

Everything went braap.

hippiebikerchick
Welcome fzpolice! Glad you joined our little group.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guru
Hey @fzpolice, glad you could join. I bet you can't wait until you can pick her up !

fzpolice
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I'm stoked. I can't stop watching exhaust videos and I may even pull the trigger on one before I bring the bike home. So far the Arrow is really doing it for me :)
  • Like 1

w1ngzer0
Wow! What is it about the arrow "that's doing it for you"?

fzpolice
That's a good question. The tones vary so much with every YouTube video. One video made it sound really throaty but another video made the Akropovic sound better. I drive a V8. I like throaty and loud.

w1ngzer0
The arrow sound cannot be described in words. I know that I made the right choice. I actually own the arrow system and the Dobeck EJK. Best Tag Team since Legion of Doom.
  • Like 2

w1ngzer0
Honestly, my two choices were between the arrow and the akra carbon. You can't go wrong with any exhaust on our bikes. They all look good in the eye of the owner/rider and that is all that matters.

fzpolice
Good to hear! Do you have any exhaust videos up by chance?

w1ngzer0
Nothing yet, just photos. Will upload soon with a gopro.

w1ngzer0
Under Dobeck Performance, Arrow Exhaust thread, you will see Graham07's red fz with the arrow and mine in the graphite.
  • Like 1

fzpolice
Please PM me with the video link when it's up in case I miss the thread! Have you tried both short and long? Which do you prefer?

w1ngzer0
I prefer the original long version as the R&D at Arrow made the mid pipe ala "FMF powerbomb" and taking out that mid pipe will cause a lot of reversion. Plus I'm old school and prefer the MotoGP Look.

motomeek
Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

w1ngzer0
Were you able to see the 2 bikes with the Arrow?

fzpolice
I did see the pictures. I wish there were more videos. I too prefer the look of the longer exhaust.

Is yours the black aluminum with steel end cap? Love the look.

w1ngzer0
Yes it is. I didn't go for the carbon since over time, it starts yellowing. Especially, since it's the end cap and where everything is passing through.

fzpolice
I just noticed too that you deleted your rearsets and your bracket is aftermarket. Looks sleek. What brand?

w1ngzer0
Actually came with the exhaust. The hanger specifies the right angle for the silencer.

fzpolice
Can the rearsets be installed back on to the replacement bracket?

w1ngzer0
Yes, the arrow bracket will be behind the rear pegs like Graham07.