The MT-07 Forum

Hello From Southeast Pennsylvania

Eastern Kayaker

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I am a re-entry rider, I rode in my twenties for several years, but stopped when I got married.  It has been almost thirty years since I rode a motorcycle, but got the bug this past August. I completed the MSF's basic rider course in October, since it has been so long.  After looking for a bike these past few months, I finally purchased a new red FZ-07 last week. This forum has been a great help with the decision process, since there is a wealth of information available.  Looking forward to the many miles of FUN on this great bike!
> [img][attachment id=2479" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2478" thumbnail="1]
img][img]

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Eastern Kayaker! Congratulations on getting the fastest color. Vote here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Your riding background sounds a lot like mine. You will love your new bike. You even got the best color :). Welcome aboard.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Your riding background sounds a lot like mine. You will love your new bike. You even got the best color :). Welcome aboard.
Thanks.  It's tough seeing the bike sitting in the garage and not being able to ride it due to the cold and snow.  I just keep thinking Spring is just around the corner.  Time to put on some accessories. :)

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Welcome! Have fun and be safe....
Thanks, you do the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

A better picture of the Givi windscreen.
IMG_0960_zpsetb5w7js.jpg

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
[strong]Update:[/strong] See updated pictures below.  I purchased a red bike in February but changed the red body panels to white in March, since I wanted a white bike with a black frame.  Also, added the GIVI windscreen, OES frame-fork-axle sliders, R&G radiator guard, Yamaha silver screens for air scoops front and rear and the Yamaha radiator overflow bottle billet.  Tanner our beagle (photo bombing in pic below) is sitting by the fence admiring my FZ-07.  Sorry, my mistake, he is waiting for a biscuit. 
Nice, Welcome to the forum, I always wanted to get the Blurple frame with White tank cover and fender. I just bought a white FZ in the end.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

Love the black on black, glad we could help you out.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Nice bike! I just ordered the Givi screen for my bike.  
Where at in SE PA are you? I'm in the suburbs north of Philly
Chester Springs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Not sure how I missed this, but congrats on the bike. I'm sure by now your loving it :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Looks great! Where did you end up getting the panels, and were they quick to deliver? (I caught a few places but hadnt heard feedback). I was going to get the Graphite as an occasional alternate.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Looks great! Where did you end up getting the panels, and were they quick to deliver? (I caught a few places but hadnt heard feedback). I was going to get the Graphite as an occasional alternate.
When I purchased the bike, I had the dealer sell me the body panels and some other parts I wanted for 25% off yamaha suggested retail price.  Dealer had higher price for parts than Yamaha's suggested retail, so I had them base the discount off the yamaha retail price.  The dealer ordered the parts and had them within 2 business days.  I only used the dealer because I did not want to take a chance the panels would be damaged during shipping and deal with returns. I also ordered the damper pieces (2 different ones per panel) for each side panel rather than remove them from original panels and install on new panels. These damper pieces just stick on the inside of the panels and are there to prevent rattling.  Check the parts diagram for the panels to see the dampers listed, these dampers are inexpensive.   
I know some forum members have ordered the body panels from the following online websites at a good price and were happy with their purchase (shipping fees apply). They had no problems with the panels during shipping:
www.partspak.com
www.yamahapartshouse.com
www.partsfish.com
Check out this thread link Here and another Here2. The first thread link is for doing a throttle body sync, but the first series of steps show you how to remove the tank panels. The second thread link is for installing an EJK fuel controller, but also removes the tank panels and gives tips on how to pull the panels off after the bolts are removed. I purchased a red bike because of the black frame and replaced the red tank panels for white without any issues. It is very easy to remove the tank's panels, just take your time, especially when pulling the side panels off the bike. 

Archived