The MT-07 Forum

Lurking and thinking of pulling the trigger.

Kwaipuak

Finally got a chance to sit on one and it felt great. I sold my 2011 Ninja 650 before moving back to the US last summer and have been so damn indecisive. A dual sport like a Versys, V-strom, 650gs, cutting up a sportster into a brat/cafe, getting a project like a 79 gs550 or Cb750, a naked bike? Basically anything that didn't have me hunched over. The FZ-09 caught my eye, along with the Street Triple and M796. The ducati's maintenance schedule is putting me off, and then I realized I don't need 100hp and my Ninja was good enough for 5000km rides up and down Thailand and Malaysia. However the new Ninja just seems bulky, and I can't even get it in Kawa green! So I started looking at the FZ-07 and the more I see the more I like. Right now I need to get my license here in the US, so I have a bit of time before I can buy. I also need to find a place that can do better than $8100 OTD. 

Wanted to writ this up before jumping into the pricing forum, if you read it all, thanks.

Guest whitegas

True story: I got my license a whopping 4 months after I got my FZ07. Apparently dealerships don't care either way if you can legally ride the motorcycle home or not, they just want to sell it to you. Now, I'm not saying that one should illegally ride a motorcycle without a license but with full gear, a quiet exhaust, and the speed limit, and cops have no reason to pull you over!

Welcome by the way.

Well, I am legally allowed to ride a bike between sunrise and sunset in PA on my learners permit. However, I just found a class opening on March 15 (perhaps I should beware?). At the end of March I am out of the country as it's spring break, gotta love education jobs, those breaks never go away! Plus, I need boots, would like an exhaust and wind shield, so if I hold off a few more weeks I can ride her home, put her in the garage and rip of the stock exhaust ASAP.

• Premium Member

Welcome! Well depending in where you live, you'll see the price differences... but you'll see that once you get on the pricing thread.

FZ-07 is a great bike if hunching over is NOT what you want. I switch between my CBR250R and it's like night and day on how upright the 07 is.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived