The MT-07 Forum

Moto-777 levers

hypnotik

I bought the Moto-777 levers off of Amazon.
These, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2WM1V6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Out of the box they look great.  They look like high quality parts.  After installing them on the bike I now know why they cost $35.  Fitment is horrible, they just flop around and if you squeeze them hard they skip down on the adjustment.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUAZxRpej54]
I put the stock levers back on and I'm gonna try to send these back.  When I have $200 to blow I'll buy some CRG's.

I got some Pazzo levers. they're way nicer than stock, and don't break the bank quite as hard as the CRG levers do. I got them for like 150.

• Premium Member

+1 on the Pazzos.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest whitegas

You can buy cheap chinese for LEDs and plastics and other things, but IMO I would never ever buy cheap chinese levers. That's some scary **** right there.

You can buy cheap chinese for LEDs and plastics and other things, but IMO I would never ever buy cheap chinese levers. That's some scary **** right there.
Sometimes I'm willing to take a chance on non-engine related parts.  These are CNC'd copies of Pazzo's or CRG's so in theory they should be an exact fit but I guess not.  I'm not willing to ride with them so I took them off.  I've bought copies of many parts on ebay over the years and half the time they work just like the expensive ones.  But, the other half of the time I end up buying the good stuff anyway so I guess it's all up to how much money you're willing to waste to take a chance.

my blue, 25 buck ebay ones from somewhere overseas have been holding up great! http://www.ebay.com/itm/141488155572
One thing, make sure you reused the metal bolt sleeve from the stock clutch lever. When I first installed mine, I spaced that since it stayed stuck in the stock lever. My clutch lever was floppy and loose till I figured out it was missing that sleeve. Now it is great, working just fine.

I took a chance and ordered a Chinese pair for about $30 figuring I'd take a chance and if they weren't absolutely perfect I would just throw them. I don't remember the supplier but when they arrived and I installed them, they were an excact fit and they functioned perfectly. I'm in agreement that I would stay away from most all but the cosmetic stuff. I took a chance and these levers are just fine, no sloppiness and I'm told the only down side is that possibly the anodizing is thin had could fade fairly quickly.

• Premium Member

I bought these. They are not a perfect fit but the stock levers have just as much slop & play. I am sure if I spend $100 plus the levers would fit perfect. Maybe in the future… If they fade or wear out fast I figure I can buy a few sets of these for the same price as one quality set. It all depends on how long they last. If they only last a year I will fork over the money for the higher quality ones next time.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Clutch-Brake-Levers-Grips-for-Yamaha-MT-07-2014-MT-09-SR-FZ-09-13-14-XJ6-/131427197029?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&var=&hash=item1e99abe065

@schalicke did you get the grips too? How are they?

We going to return to winter this weekend and pull the skis back out or keep the bikes out? :P

• Premium Member

Yes, I got the grips too. They look cool but I could not use the end caps which is fine. They are nothing special as far as comfort goes. I have a feeling they will wear out fast. I think it may be a winter break over the next week or so.

Just got a set of these and have the brake side installed right now.

Has just as much "slop" as the stock brake lever. Watching the video, keep in mind that our stock clutch lever is not adjustable like the front brake side. The aftermarket one is. The nature of an adjustable lever is going to introduce more slop or movement of the lever at the ball end. If you wiggle it using the piece that the mounting bolt actually goes through I bet you will find the movement similar to stock.

Also I assume you got the bolt sleeve from the stock lever in you new clutch lever. That would make a huge difference in the amount of movement of the clutch lever.

I can't help you with the slipping down on adjustment. My brake one does not do that. I have squeezed it as hard as I can in every position and got no slipping. The clutch side is never going to see the same forces as the brake side but I will check it also as soon as I get it installed. Looking at the design of the adjustment, I don't see how you are getting slipping unless the ones I got are different than yours. When you pull the lever it pushes agains the adjustment detent even harder.

• 9 months later...

I think the problem @hypnotik had with his loose clutch lever was that he forgot to transfer the bushing from the stock lever to the new lever. Only the clutch side lever has a bushing while the brake side does not, so I understand why some people forget about the clutch side bushing.

I was a member of 600RR forums and a few people who bought the chinese knockoffs had this same problem when they forgot to take out the bushing from their stock levers and put them into the new ones. I even had the chinese knock offs on my 600RR and they gave me no problem whatsoever.

Archived