The MT-07 Forum

Thoughts?

Rudolpho

For all those that have already installed aftermarket exhausts I would really like your opinions and reasoning for picking the ones you did. I've mainly been looking at the Akropovic and the Yoshi systems for cosmetic reasons along with the reviews I've read they seem like very quality systems. On top of exhaust I've been looking at getting the EJK from Dobeck to add to performance. Does anyone know if the Power Commander from DJ is any better or are they pretty comparable in gains? Thanks for y'all's time and input.

Well, I picked the Akrapovic Titanium because of the streamlined look and because Akrapovic are the apex predators in the exhaust market. You can't get much better than them. The titanium looks like it was made specifically for our bike (probably because it was.. haha), what I mean by that though is it is a very unique exhaust that doesn't look like many others on the market. You stand out with that exhaust. It is also pretty close to stuck look, if you are into that I am. The sound of the Akrapovic is the best I've heard of the options. Most deep growl and throaty sound out there. The only other option that comes close is the MIVV Speed edge exhaust.
As for the EJK Vs. the Power Commander, I don't have specific experience with both, but from what I heard they are neck and neck in terms of performance. And also with all of the stage one deals here on the forums, it is a really good deal to get the EJK and basically any exhaust you want through EJK. Way cheaper than buying any of the exhausts and any fuel controller separately, especially the Power Commanders.
Hope this helps!
Allan

Guest whitegas

Wasn't a fan of the Akra titanium for a few reasons. With the baffle in, its probably one of the most quiet after-market exhausts because it has one of the most restricting baffles. You need the baffle out, but then it gets way too loud like every other exhaust without a baffle. All the other options have a decent sound with the baffle in, a nice in-between. I also don't like the dull gold metal look of titanium.

Its mainly about preference and price point. Even if you have no price point, what design do you like? And so on. I personally like the chrome of the Yoshimura. You don't see much chrome after-markets for the fz07 other than yoshi. Probably the reason being is clean chrome welding spots which can be a ***** for smaller manufacturers.

Outside of the chrome, all other slip ons and carbons look the same as Yoshi, so that's something to consider as far as aesthetics go.

To answer your question, I picked Yoshi just for the very nice price point for the full system, and the chrome.  Well, its polished stainless steel, but what's the difference?

I went with the Yoshi and am I glad I did! The Akra was more $$$ and needed a power commander (+$350)... The Yoshi is tuned to the factory specs so it isn't needed. I left the DB killer out and it sounds amazing!

• Premium Member

Akrapovic worked directly with Yamaha to create their exhaust and is the only offered exhaust at dealerships as an upgrade in EU where this bike originally gained its popularity.

It's so tough cause the Akro looks really good but I've heard it's either really quiet or really loud and the Yoshi is more of an in-between plus it's not as expensive... Decisions decisions. Thank you all for your input you've been helpful

I went with the Yoshi and am I glad I did! The Akra was more $$$ and needed a power commander (+$350)... The Yoshi is tuned to the factory specs so it isn't needed. I left the DB killer out and it sounds amazing!
I don't know what you're smoking, but Akrapovic exhausts don't need a power commander. I initially wanted the Yoshi system, but the carbon version was out of stock at Revzilla. So I went with the Akrapovic Carbon system due it's being louder than the Ti version and unique pipe design, plus it's only 70 bucks more than the Yoshi Carbon. I'm glad I chose this exhaust, because its sound has a lighter and racier tone than the Yoshi. To me, the Yoshi makes the bike sound a little too much like a cruiser. 

I cut my exhaust off with a hacksaw and then welded on a Campbell's soup can stuffed full of steel wool and put a Hello Kitty sticker on it.

But then took the money I saved from not buying an Akra and put it into suspension.

Wanna race?

Guest whitegas
I cut my exhaust off with a hacksaw and then welded on a Campbell's soup can stuffed full of steel wool and put a Hello Kitty sticker on it.  
But then took the money I saved from not buying an Akra and put it into suspension.

Wanna race?
Does it match your Hello Kitty tattoo?

Wanna race?
Of course I do haha

What about Two Brothers SR1 Carbon, anyone got that? I like the look of it as well. Haven't really heard anything about em before though most people just talk about the Yoshi and Akra systems.

• Global Moderator

@Rudolpho, there is a lot of info in this part of the forum here. Pretty much every available exhaust is discussed with details, videos, pricing and opinions.

• Global Moderator
Yes, please. We have an exhaust board and also check out Dyno charts for most of the exhausts in Dobeck Performance's board.
I am still waiting for the dyno charts of your soup can system :)

• Premium Member

I personally really like the Delkevic can offered in @marthy's kit. There's not a ton of great sound bites for it, but trust me when I say it's mean.

It's loud, but not obnoxious, I've yet to get harassed by law enforcement. The price was very good, it didn't cost me 1/6th of my bike to install with an EJK. It gave me noticeable gains I could feel in the low to mid range, which is more useful to myself than a pure top end gain. It looks good to me, but it's not everyones cup of tea.

After installation the amount of people that approach me to learn about my bike increased by like 600%. Over half of em want to know about the exhaust.

Everything went braap.

@mjh937 thanks! Sorry that I created a thread for no reason.

@hobbs I'll have a look at it, I like the unique looks sometimes.

@admin I'd also wanna see those dyno charts for the tin can and steel wool

What about Two Brothers SR1 Carbon, anyone got that? I like the look of it as well. Haven't really heard anything about em before though most people just talk about the Yoshi and Akra systems.
I have the two bros exhaust you speak of. Reason why I have it is because two bros wanted to use my bike for production. Sounds good and I like the look of it. They ran it on the dyno looking at a/f ratios and told me they didn't see any ready for adding a fuel management system. 

Archived