The MT-07 Forum

Canadian online stores

dede

• Premium Member
I gave motostarz a bad review earlier. Trying them again. Hopefully, I can give them an A this time.
I had a very minor order discrepancy with motostarz, they just sent the wrong style of Techspec. Not a big deal as they went above and beyond to immediately make it right, it happens....not to mention Ive ordered a bloody  :D "shameful" :D amount of stuff over the last couple of years without issue.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

bigdaddybane

For most part I gave up on Canadian retailers. I only buy small ticket items from them, 90% of my purchases are done with US online stores and on EBay/Amazon. Recently I was looking for a gold reflective face shield for my Arai helmet. The price difference between US and Canadian online retailers is plain stupid. It goes beyond exchange rate between US and Canadian dollar. One example ... Arai SAI Gold Mirror on Revzilla is $45USD (https://www.revzilla.com/product/arai-sai-face-shield). The same thing will cost you $136CAD on FortNine (https://fortnine.ca/en/arai-sai-face-shield).

I'm going to start shopping more in the States. Its about an hour and half to the nearest US town for me. I just found a mail service I can have stuff sent to there.

Fortnine's "easy returns" are not that easy. Basically, if you've removed it from the packaging they don't want it back. And god help you if you go so far as to install it on the bike and it don't work. You got some "splainin" to do.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
I'm going to start shopping more in the States. Its about an hour and half to the nearest US town for me. I just found a mail service I can have stuff sent to there.  
Fortnine's "easy returns" are not that easy. Basically, if you've removed it from the packaging they don't want it back. And god help you if you go so far as to install it on the bike and it don't work. You got some "splainin" to do.
I had assumed installing any part means 'nein' returns from almost everywhere?  Great score on the US mail service action. Lucky! 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
For most part I gave up on Canadian retailers. I only buy small ticket items from them, 90% of my purchases are done with US online stores and on EBay/Amazon. Recently I was looking for a gold reflective face shield for my Arai helmet. The price difference between US and Canadian online retailers is plain stupid. It goes beyond exchange rate between US and Canadian dollar. One example ... Arai SAI Gold Mirror on Revzilla is $45USD (https://www.revzilla.com/product/arai-sai-face-shield). The same thing will cost you $136CAD on FortNine (https://fortnine.ca/en/arai-sai-face-shield).
Damn, thats out of hand. I can definitely agree with some cross border on occasion, Ive even ordered from Germany and the UK for the better deal. I scored the PC-V for much less from the US.  
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've had good luck with motostarz.ca and fortnine.ca (used to be canadasmotorcycle.com). Have also used kapscomoto.com for simple things like pegs, cheap handlebars, etc.

• Like 1

topazsparrow

I used to use fortnine exclusively back when they were CanadasMotorcycle.

Lately the local shop has been beating their prices when I ask them to though, so I use them. Always try to support the local shops if you can (and they deserve it).

• Like 2

Lately the local shop has been beating their prices when I ask them to though, so I use them. Always try to support the local shops if you can (and they deserve it).
 Same here. Dealerships are fighting back against the online guys. Great for us consumers.  
My last order from Motostarz took about 3 weeks. They don't tell you if the items are in stock or not online. They did let me know by email my order would be delayed.  They are not the greatest communicators but the prices are good and they were the only ones who had what I needed at the time. I would deal with them again. Still confused as to why they state you need to insure the shipping when they don't give you the option to do so. I forgot to clear that up with them.

topazsparrow
 Same here. Dealerships are fighting back against the online guys. Great for us consumers.  
My last order from Motostarz took about 3 weeks. They don't tell you if the items are in stock or not online. They did let me know by email my order would be delayed.  They are not the greatest communicators but the prices are good and they were the only ones who had what I needed at the time. I would deal with them again. Still confused as to why they state you need to insure the shipping when they don't give you the option to do so. I forgot to clear that up with them.
I would suspect they're concerned about fraud.

• Premium Member
Yeah I found motostarz.ca needs to order in certain items on occasion. Currently awaiting my Rizoma gas cap. O_o I need to gaze upon its lustrous finish! I dont really have an issue with this, Xmas just comes a little later that's all :D . From their end, they're not a huge operation, their industrial strip-mall looking storefront seems tiny and I know commercial space in Vancouver is beyond ridiculous. How much overhead can a tiny place possibly accommodate or afford at any given time? I get it, so I can suffer through a little waiting here and there; but of course that's not always everyone's cup of tea. Ive spent thousands over many orders and only had one very minor hiccup, and havent had issues with comms.  They do have the market on certain parts to be sure.  Overall pleased with these guys.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Came across this place (?New?) while shopping for wifely items. Havent yet ordered but the prices/shipping deals are competitive with the other large Cdn dealers. Anyone use these guys yet?

http://www.riderschoice.ca/

• Like 2

Riders Choice in Mississauga Ontario is a nice shop with lots of serious gear and a very serious mechanical shop. I would have to recommend them as a good spot to go to if you are in town or online. I think it's a father/son operation too which is always good to support.

• Like 3

bigdaddybane
Came across this place (?New?) while shopping for wifely items. Havent yet ordered but the prices/shipping deals are competitive with the other large Cdn dealers. Anyone use these guys yet? 
http://www.riderschoice.ca/

I've been shopping at riderschoice for a while. It's a great store selling only top notch brands ... prices are quite reasonable. I picked up a pair or Rev'it gloves and pants last week without tax.   
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
jonathanb86

I am currently dealing with MotoStarz on a recent transaction (M4 Exhaust damaged prior to shipping, re-boxed and shipped out). So far it isn't going well at all.. But I am hoping they will redeem themselves.

I will certainly update this thread with the outcome to either give them praise or protect potential future customers from a similar situation.

• Premium Member
I am currently dealing with MotoStarz on a recent transaction (M4 Exhaust damaged prior to shipping, re-boxed and shipped out). So far it isn't going well at all.. But I am hoping they will redeem themselves. 
I will certainly update this thread with the outcome to either give them praise or protect potential future customers from a similar situation.
..."M4 Exhaust damaged prior to shipping, re-boxed and shipped out"... as far as getting an immediate replacement goes, I cant see where the problem lies in this regard.  WTF?  This doesn't sound acceptable at all.  
There was no "open box" disclaimer or other details on this purchase /  sold as "new"?

When I had an issue they were right on top of it. Hopefully they'll come through for you as well.  Good Luck!

..."M4 Exhaust damaged prior to shipping, re-boxed and shipped out"... as far as getting an immediate replacement goes, I cant see where the problem lies in this regard.  WTF?  This doesn't sound acceptable at all.  
There was no "open box" disclaimer or other details on this purchase /  sold as "new"?

When I had an issue they were right on top of it. Hopefully they'll come through for you as well.  Good Luck!

Does Revzilla ship to Canada? Probably too expensive though due to NAFTA. I deal almost 100% with revzilla just because their returns are so easy and they once even ate the cost of an item just to keep me happy.

Customer Service earns returning customers and loyalty.

• Premium Member

Does Revzilla ship to Canada? Probably too expensive though due to NAFTA. I deal almost 100% with revzilla just because their returns are so easy and they once even ate the cost of an item just to keep me happy.  
Customer Service earns returning customers and loyalty.

Customer service is king to be sure. We get a lot of clients coming to our shop complaining about other shop's poor snooty service. Obviously we're more than happy to accept them.  
Revzilla does ship to Cdn for $30, and most of the time it works out to be pretty close albeit a touch more. Im always worried about gambling over what does and doesnt fall under the wrath of those ridiculous duty charges though...my only deterrent.  Revzilla is pretty awesome looking.

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2017 at 5:16 PM, Mr.Puss said:

... worried about gambling over what does and doesnt fall under the wrath of those ridiculous duty charges though...my only deterrent. 

Yes, there is that and some brands won't be available to ship to Canada from RevZilla because of exports restrictions, which is anoying to say the less.

Found some nice Rev'It ignition pants for wify at a 100$(US) less from RevZilla but won't be eligible to ship to Canada. :(

Same deal happened with Arrow's performance parts, won't ship to Canada from RevZilla... I was thinking on using a service such as Freeport Forwarding.

http://www.freeportforwarding.com/

On the other hand Rev'It and Arrows can be found here in Canada.

www.fortnine.ca they now sell Rev'It since January 2018.

Arrow parts can be found/purchased from http://www.motorstarz.ca.

What I found nice (about MotoStarz) is that even if they don't have the specific parts listed on their website for you

to add to you cart you can get a quote by email and proceed from there. I was made aware of that yesterday.

There is also http://www.twistedthrottle.ca which I find is more tailored for Adventure stil riding and luguage stuffs but also other interesting goods.

And if you are into trackdays, racing  - Pete's SuperBike is a good place. He's a virtual store - pickup only but great service:

https://www.petes-superbike.com/r

...and kijiji, ebays/amazon for the rest. 

References:

https://fortnine.ca/en/

https://www.motostarz.ca

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca

https://www.petes-superbike.com/r

Cheers,

Edited by safety
Typo
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

You can setup a US address at myusaddress.ca, they can then push the package north or you can cross the border at Ogdensburg.

• 9 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, hxman said:

You can setup a US address at myusaddress.ca, they can then push the package north or you can cross the border at Ogdensburg.

Thanks for the tip hxman! 

• 3 years later...

I bought a hand guard kit from GP Bikes. The catalogue page was messed up but GPBikes went the extra mile to make it right. 

Edited by Pongo
Update

Joe Rocket in general.

I just finished a conversation with the folks at Joe Rocket warranty department. The person said the pants and jacket weren't from The Canadian source so the warranty didn't apply. She continued by saying that some Canadian dealerships will go on a shopping trip to the States, get items there and then re-sell them in Canada.

I said, "How do you know when you are looking at the Joe Rocket stuff on a rack in a Canadian motorcycle dealership whether it will be warrantied or not?"

These pants have a few rides on them. No bug guts, stains or dirt of any kind... Just a few cat hairs. 

Buyer Beware! Warranties don't mean a thing.

20231031_105226.jpg

20231027_110657.png

20231027_110653.png