The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Carbon installed

rubberbandman72

rubberbandman72
rubberbandman72
Nice!! Where did u get the graphics fir the tank? Looks clean!

Thanks! The stripe on the tank is from a 40th anniversary R1 decal kit I found on eBay. The Yamaha logo came from eBay also.

rubberbandman72
Custom paint on the tank panels too? Looks sorta "candy" red in the pics

Nope. Factory red paint on the tank panels. It does have a very fine metallic in it. I put white vinyl on the bottom tip of the tank panels. Also removed the front fender "wings", taped them off and shot them with white paint.

I was a huge fan of the 25th Anniversary R6 & R1's when they came out... so I'm really loving that decal. I just might have to copy you on that one.

rubberbandman72
I was a huge fan of the 25th Anniversary R6 & R1's when they came out... so I'm really loving that decal. I just might have to copy you on that one.

The only part of the R1 decal I was able to make work for me was actually the tail section which is on the tank of my bike. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

• Premium Member

• 4 weeks later...

Both bikes look GREAT! That is a nice pipe. How does it sound. The FZ has a V-twin sort of sound so it must sound awesome. Also, how much lighter than stock and did you have to get Power Commander or some such fueling fix?

Archived