The MT-07 Forum

Angel eye/Demon eye fz-07 headlight

squintyeyes

• 3 weeks later...
chickenchickendinner
Yeah that was the HID projection retrofit I mentioned. That is the blue bezel/trim that is reflecting light. 
@marthy has a light ring on his projection retrofit for his fz09

Need some Proton flush mount like those. (My FZ09 here...) 
fb7964cc24123a25807cc86d88afcf69.jpg

Last time I checked, the company that he went with was closing down.  Not sure if they closed down.
so where can i find this "TRON" headlight??

• Premium Member

Im also really wanting of the "Tron" headlight on that fz09 up there. Really super cool.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

hostilehabitat

As cool as they look (I love them and they're definitely attention getter's) I can't help but wonder how well they light up the road so you can see. I see the one pic of Allan's but I haven't seen any other pics or video of how well the other lights perform. How bright are they? Good light pattern? Easily adjustable? Light up the road well far away and close up when they're set? So many unanswered questions. If I were going to buy a light on cool factor alone the angel with demon eyes lights have me already.

Beemer

chickenchickendinner
i think thse are just the ring. I haven't seen the whole set up being sold or have read anywhere on how to go about it. I have a slight clue on how to but It requires a lot of time...which I don't have haha 

• Global Moderator

Angel/demon eyes are the halo type rings around projection lamps
You would neet the projector retrofit as well as the eye kit

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

As cool as they look (I love them and they're definitely attention getter's) I can't help but wonder how well they light up the road so you can see. I see the one pic of Allan's but I haven't seen any other pics or video of how well the other lights perform. How bright are they? Good light pattern? Easily adjustable? Light up the road well far away and close up when they're set? So many unanswered questions. If I were going to buy a light on cool factor alone the angel with demon eyes lights have me already.
The angel/demon eye (the ring light) itself is just for aesthetics. You get your actual light output for driving from the HID. Usually you will see angel/demon eye light only during daytime driving (such as on BMW, for example) and then the HID is used at night. I just wanted to explain that, it seems you are thinking that the angel/demon eye (ring) alone is the main headlight which is not what they are intended or used for, forgive me if I am mistaken.

The angel/demon eye (the ring light) itself is just for aesthetics. You get your actual light output for driving from the HID. Usually you will see angel/demon eye light only during daytime driving (such as on BMW, for example) and then the HID is used at night. I just wanted to explain that, it seems you are thinking that the angel/demon eye (ring) alone is the main headlight which is not what they are intended or used for, forgive me if I am mistaken.
You are correct. An Angel eye is the ring of light around the HID lens. When it is on, the light reflects in the lens and gives the appearance or irises, hence the term, eye. I honestly don't know where the Angel part comes in though. These are founf on cars like BMWs like you mentioned. Demon eyes on the other hand are leds inside the lens of the HID projector. This lights the lens up from beind, normally a red or something, and gives the projector a glowing look. These are not normally found on OEM cars. A case of this is on much of the LED projectors, like the Acura MDX, use low power LEDs behind the jewel eyes to be used as running lights. This might be a loose interpretation of demon eyes, but the function the same way. The HID projectors themselves are the source of your light. If the HID projector conversion is done properly, that bulb behind the projector shoud be producing over 3400 lumens of clear, evenly distributed light with a sharp cutoff.

Thanks garrim and Allan for your input. It sounds like the HID's are pretty powerful and put out a really nice light pattern for night riding. This just may be my next type of headlight.

Beemer

Thanks garrim and Allan for your input. It sounds like the HID's are pretty powerful and put out a really nice light pattern for night riding. This just may be my next type of headlight.
They are definitely a significant upgrade from regular halogen headlights, massive output.

They are, but they need the time, effort and patients to have them work to their fullest potential. Not everyone realizes this before they take on this task.

Archived