The MT-07 Forum

Angel eye/Demon eye fz-07 headlight

squintyeyes

Has anyone done a angel eye/demon eye mod for their fz yet? Been dying to mod the headlight but been holding off to see what else people do or come out with. 

• Global Moderator

Okay, I will admit to having no idea what that is. Can you post a link to a bike that had it?

Guest whitegas

Its the ring of lights. BMW is one of the first automaker that did them as stock back in 2001.

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/jim-halls-explains-the-importance-of-bmw-s-angel-eyes-video-66136_1.png

The closest thing, and not even close is someone did a projection retrofit. If anyone has done angel eyes on their fz07 here, no one is sharing pics of it.

Guest whitegas

Yeah that was the HID projection retrofit I mentioned. That is the blue bezel/trim that is reflecting light.

@Marthy has a light ring on his projection retrofit for his fz09

Need some Proton flush mount like those. (My FZ09 here...) 
fb7964cc24123a25807cc86d88afcf69.jpg

Last time I checked, the company that he went with was closing down.  Not sure if they closed down.

wow that looks like something CLU would ride in TRON Legacy haha

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

• Premium Member
Yeah that was the HID projection retrofit I mentioned. That is the blue bezel/trim that is reflecting light. 
@marthy has a light ring on his projection retrofit for his fz09

Need some Proton flush mount like those. (My FZ09 here...) 
fb7964cc24123a25807cc86d88afcf69.jpg

Last time I checked, the company that he went with was closing down.  Not sure if they closed down.
If it is the company I am thinking about (who specialized in HID retrofits), can't remember the name, but yeah -- they closed in December, which bummed me out because it looked like they did great work. 

Yeah, I was bummed as well. Was wanting to do some business with them.

Yes I was gonna do it myself till I saw that retrofit on a 09 and decided I could not do something like that which I want (projection with angel and demon eyes) then the company stopped in December and I can't find anyone else that does a similar service(mail in headlight and recieve finished project. Was hoping to find someone else who did the same or instructions on a previous done one. .

This was the place I used to get my retrofits for my Subaru. Really nice product and easy to install, they even have moto-specific kits: 
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits/motorcycle-stage-3-kit-single-headlight.html#.VOKimy4mtc8

Yeah. These are the guys you want to order from. How Revzilla is for motorcycle accessories, these guys are for HID Retrofits and headlight upgrades. I plan on getting that kit over the summer and putting the HALOs around the HID shroud.

Yeah the company was called affordable hid retrofits, i got a hold of him when infirst got my 07 back back in july, told him ill be ready in a month or 2, when the time was right for me to set it up, he had some unexpected things happen so they stopped, hopefully they come back though

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• 6 months later...

Sorry for posting in an old thread but i just finished the angel with demon eyes hid fit on my bike. Its an ebay kit but works fine and looks cool i think.

20150914_211535.jpg

20150914_211702.jpg

travisaurusrex
Sorry for posting in an old thread but i just finished the angel with demon eyes hid fit on my bike. Its an ebay kit but works fine and looks cool i think.

That looks awesome! Do you have any more pictures?

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-35W-2-0-Car-Motorcycle-Headlights-HID-BI-XENON-Projector-Angel-Eye-Devil-Eye-/291161759233?nav=SEARCH

Il try and get some more pics, its hard to take photos of it because the lights are bright. There is a mass of wiring and control boxes shoved in there and i melted the top of my headlight when i put it in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees but i managed to save it barely.
I hope it lasts a while fingers crossed.
It is mostly plug and play with the only thing needing wiring is to the parker light wire and running the cable to the battery.

First night ride with that hid kit i installed and i feel like a obnoxious twat. It throws out amazing light at night, no more having to back of before corners because i cant see the road.
Only problem is other drivers on the road must hate the brightness. I will have to lower the headlight alot as to not annoy other drivers too much. The other thing i find annoying is getting the top of the beam level with the road, the light is to fiddly to twist and make it level and the bulb also faces slightly to the right as you have to line it up the best you can and do up the nut holding it in. The quality isnt there but it works and looks alright

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
First night ride with that hid kit i installed and i feel like a obnoxious twat. It throws out amazing light at night, no more having to back of before corners because i cant see the road. Only problem is other drivers on the road must hate the brightness. I will have to lower the headlight alot as to not annoy other drivers too much. The other thing i find annoying is getting the top of the beam level with the road, the light is to fiddly to twist and make it level and the bulb also faces slightly to the right as you have to line it up the best you can and do up the nut holding it in. The quality isnt there but it works and looks alright

Can you please take some night shots? I'd like to see some cutoff low and high. I'd also like to see how wide of a beam you have with that one projector.

SigSide.jpg

@jeffkisthename Here is a very terrible quality driveway picture of what my kit looks like. One projector and this picture is taken from about 25 ft away. Should give you a relative idea on how, at least my, projector preforms. Hope this helps. It's the best I got. lol

qWDINEz.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Oh yeah, that's beautiful. I had TRS FX35R bi-xenons retrofitted in my old FD3S Mazda RX-7. I had them for about 3 years before I sold the car and the only thing that ever gave me issues was the ballast (I say ballast and not ballasts, because it was always the right side haha). The bulbs themselves I never had an issue with. I did upgrade to Morimoto 5K bulbs after a couple of months with the Genuine Phillips D2S, only because I wanted a whiter color though. I will probably be joining you in the HID club for retrofitted FZ/MTs also. I like the cyclops LED, but the light is too scattered for my taste. Brightness is there, but focus still has room for work. Until we can have a housing or projector built for the LED, HID retrofits are still the brightest most focused light option on any vehicle period. It's just a bit expensive and time consuming haha.

SigSide.jpg

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
@jeffkisthename Here is a very terrible quality driveway picture of what my kit looks like. One projector and this picture is taken from about 25 ft away. Should give you a relative idea on how, at least my, projector preforms. Hope this helps. It's the best I got. lol 
qWDINEz.jpg

Thanks btw.

SigSide.jpg

Oh yeah, that's beautiful. I had TRS FX35R bi-xenons retrofitted in my old FD3S Mazda RX-7. I had them for about 3 years before I sold the car and the only thing that ever gave me issues was the ballast (I say ballast and not ballasts, because it was always the right side haha). The bulbs themselves I never had an issue with. I did upgrade to Morimoto 5K bulbs after a couple of months with the Genuine Phillips D2S, only because I wanted a whiter color though. I will probably be joining you in the HID club for retrofitted FZ/MTs also. I like the cyclops LED, but the light is too scattered for my taste. Brightness is there, but focus still has room for work. Until we can have a housing or projector built for the LED, HID retrofits are still the brightest most focused light option on any vehicle period. It's just a bit expensive and time consuming haha.
If you are going to use the kit I bought, I painstakingly made a how to video to make the process easier for you. lol

Archived