The MT-07 Forum

Throttle Lock

rowdy

• Premium Member

I haven't seen much info on a good throttle lock for the 07.  I just ordered a NEP because it is cheap, and I've had it on two of my other bikes. One was a direct fit, the other, I managed to adapt it, but it took a little creative engineering, but it worked and I love it. I'm waiting on the one I ordered for the 07 and I'll update when it arrives as far as whether it actually works, install, etc...  But I just wondered if anyone else has put a throttle lock on their bike and how it worked (especially if it was a NEP)?

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Okay, I got the NEP installed today. It is NOT plug and play for our bikes (CC3 model for dual throttle cable). It has a plastic spacer that is designed to fit between the cables where ours is solid one piece molded plastic. I ended up cutting about a 1" strip of thick plastic and bolting it to the NEP flange on one end and the front throttle cable body holding screw on the other. Now it works great.
[attachment id=2466" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=2468" thumbnail="1]
[attachment id=2469" thumbnail="1]

Why can't left turners see us?

this one seems pretty straight forward and simple.
The Go Cruise one works pretty good if you need to take your hand off the throttle for about 5 minutes.  My does start to slip a little bit after 5+ minutes. Like a few MPH. It can also be kinda cumbersome if you have thick gloves on. Trying to get your fingers up to push down the throttle lock will keeping up highway speeds.

I just roll a O-ring on the end of the weight pick the right one and you can just roll it
up against the twist grip and it holds it not done it on the 07 yet must find one the right size
they need replacing now and then as the Sun gets to them but work well and nothing to catch
your hand on like many of the bought ones.

This kind of thing.

I just roll a O-ring on the end of the weight pick the right one and you can just roll it up against the twist grip and it holds it not done it on the 07 yet must find one the right size
they need replacing now and then as the Sun gets to them but work well and nothing to catch
your hand on like many of the bought ones.

This kind of thing.

I[span]'m cheap so this kind of thing seems right up my alley.  It also seems "old school" which I like.[/span] 

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Has anyone seen/used one of these? Similar to the o-ring but seems pretty legit and easy to use. Just asking before I pull the trigger and buy it. Thanks

• Premium Member
this one seems pretty straight forward and simple.
The Go Cruise one works pretty good if you need to take your hand off the throttle for about 5 minutes.  My does start to slip a little bit after 5+ minutes. Like a few MPH. It can also be kinda cumbersome if you have thick gloves on. Trying to get your fingers up to push down the throttle lock will keeping up highway speeds.

I have one as well, but it is pretty useless with bar end mirrors, as between it and the mirror I don't have enough room for my hand (and those are pretty important)

I use a go cruise and so does Sally on her KTM Duke. It is the first cruise dohikky that she actually likes and really simple and easy to remove and put on. Does take up a bit of grip real estate on the Yammy's short grips though. I take it off for around town.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 9 months later...
Kaoko.  Plug and play/easy install/works perfect...but pricey.    
kaoko.jpg
Do you notice any difference in bar end weight balance since Kaoko's FZ-07 kit doesn't come with a matching left bar end weight?

• Premium Member

I too use a Go Cruise, only when needed on longer trips. Otherwise it's wrapped around the handlebar, in-between the left grip and clamp.

- Andy

• 11 months later...

I just installed a NEP CC3 throttle lock. Had to do some fabbing but it's on, looks stock, and works great.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

I just recently bought and returned one called Atlas thorttle lock. It wouldn't work since I have heated grips but it looks like a solid piece of equipment and the customer service was fantastic

• Premium Member

Another Kaoko user here, too.

Btw, nobody's perception is acute enough to tell the difference in bar-end weights with it on. Also, it works exactly as advertized. However, it is useful to practice using it until it becomes nearly second-nature in the shop, or where ever you wish statically, so that it takes minimal thought/fiddling on-the-road.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed an Atlas with Oxford Heated Grips and it works fine. I had to play with it awhile to find the right location to tighten it down.

• Premium Member

Another Kaoko user here. Hard to imagine anything simpler... that works as well. Buy it with your points from Revzilla and the price is even right, hehehe!!!

Archived