The MT-07 Forum

Stock Michelin Road Pilot 3

rowdy

• Premium Member

Has anyone else had any slipping issues with these tires.  Maybe it's the cooler weather, but I've slipped them in corners and with engine braking more than any other bikes / tire combo I've owned.  Feedback?

Why can't left turners see us?

They are fine once they warm up for me. I've had them slip several times because of engine braking, too. I think thats due to the stout engine braking more than the tires.

However, they grip nicely in the turns. I removed my curb feelers of the foot pegs because I scraped them. I run BT 45's on my other bike, these seem to be about the same grip-wise.

I'm still new to the bike, so my experience is limited.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

I got a nail in the rear and with to Road 4 on the back.

Certainly notice the difference. And it actually cheaper than the 3.. dont ask how.. i donno.

Make sure you tyres are warmed up. once warm, they give you much more confidence and barely slide.
It is summer here, and most days are 25-25 degrees. Today was 32. no issues with grip, and after 5 mins, I have enough heat to basically lean the bike over as much as I need on the street anyway.
Maybe play with your pressures.
1-2psi drop in the rear will make a world of difference, but will use it up more.

I believe that no matter what tire is on there, you will break the rear loose under certain conditions.
That's the physics of riding the bike and learning to work with those physical laws.

Besides not going sky-high on tire pressure and allowing a few miles for tire warm-up, try practicing matching engine revs with a blip of the throttle on downshifts.
When done properly and it becomes second nature, it will make you wonder why you didn't do it all along.

• Premium Member
Imho best tires for the bike is Diablo Corsa Rosso II. I totally recommend!
I had these tires as well, and loved them.  Had them on for 200 miles and then switched to Dunlop Q3's.  Absolutely nothing wrong with the Rosso II's, but after using the Dunlop Q3's on the BMW S1000RR for the California Superbike School, I wanted to try them out. 
Just got them on, so no ride reports as of yet :)

- Paulie

Archived