The MT-07 Forum

Where can I find the European signal lights?

seans

Hello everyone,

I am from North American and just purchased a new FZ. Call me weird, but I actually really like the look of the European signal lights with the clear lens and amber turn signal bulb. I like the idea of stock fitment as well. The amber-colored ones that come on stock bikes in North America look pretty terrible, IMHO.

I've looked, but can't find those anywhere. Could anyone direct me to where I might find them, or have new, unmolested take-off ones I could purchase? Also, if I could just get the clear lens covers, they would just pop on to my existing ones. I'm sure I could find the proper, amber bulb here somehow.

Thanks for your help!

Sean

I am in Australia, and I priced them up for another member.

We are talkign the clear lenses yes?

eg.

14iq07m.jpg

I was thinking of getting a few sets, and shipping them over for you guys.

If someone wants to trade a set for clears I am also open to that ;) 

I priced them at roughly 12AUD each, plus shipping.

Those are the ones!!

I think it would probably cost a bunch to ship them back and forth. 12AUD for a set (i.e., 24 AUD for everything)?

Thanks a bunch,

Sean

• Premium Member

I'd be interested in a set of the clear lenses.

Of course it would need to be beneficial for both parties. Hopefully it can be worked out where it's not crazy expensive and the US members could kick a few bucks in for the favor.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Count me in on the group buy.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Just an FYI, the non-North American units are smaller than ours so it is not just a lens swap. You have to switch out the whole unit. @Guru did it to his bike and has a good how-to that he wrote up.

• Global Moderator
Just an FYI, the non-North American units are smaller than ours so it is not just a lens swap. You have to switch out the whole unit. @guru did it to his bike and has a good how-to that he wrote up.
Good point.  Here's the 'How To' with some pictures

• Premium Member
Just an FYI, the non-North American units are smaller than ours so it is not just a lens swap. You have to switch out the whole unit. @Guru did it to his bike and has a good how-to that he wrote up.

Dang nabbit!!

Everything went braap.

Ah - didn't realize that is would be this complicated. I thought it would just be a lens/bulb swap, or, at worst - having to buy the entire assembly and then just plug and play. Perhaps I'll just leave them be for the time being. Too bad :(

I'm from Turkey and I can send you guys in bulk (no idea on the pricing yet though-but shouldn't be an unacceptable rate). We all have Euro signals. Just let me know

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

How can I get 2 pairs of these? Front and back? All other blinkers look like crap. :/

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

• Global Moderator
How can I get 2 pairs of these? Front and back? All other blinkers look like crap. :/
Take a look at the R1 rear signals....

you'll have to splice the connectors from old signals to the new ones...

14e5563ab4689e8a8a2a86225f372ee8.jpg

Excuse the messy workbench... christmas came early this year
And it was all bike parts

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

They look nice, enough, how bright though? Short of the Pumpkins, I love visibility!

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

• Global Moderator
They look nice, enough, how bright though? Short of the Pumpkins, I love visibility!
I have a video floating around somwhere
Let me see if i can find it

• Global Moderator

Gere ya go

• Premium Member

Thanks Sorkyah. What's the extra plastic looking thing on the headlight photo? It intrigues me as I mounted a thin piece of metal with holes, shaped like a U, and connected it to the side screws, then put a gopro centered on it. Can't do that now with my shield. Just curious if that thing would enable that. There's just no great place to mount a gopro on these bikes and accomplish a great stable video too.

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

• Premium Member

Oh, also, are there any clear lenses for the stock signals? That would be an easy route for me as I don't have a problem with the size of the stock signals.

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

Guest ChicagoAJ
Thanks Sorkyah. What's the extra plastic looking thing on the headlight photo? It intrigues me as I mounted a thin piece of metal with holes, shaped like a U, and connected it to the side screws, then put a gopro centered on it. Can't do that now with my shield. Just curious if that thing would enable that. There's just no great place to mount a gopro on these bikes and accomplish a great stable video too. 

Extra plastic bit looks like a cluster relocation bracket.

• Global Moderator

Oh, also, are there any clear lenses for the stock signals? That would be an easy route for me as I don't have a problem with the size of the stock signals.

No clear lenses that i know of.
that plastic bit is a windscreen bracket that i fabbed up a speedo relocator to

Extra plastic bit looks like a cluster relocation bracket.
Correct sir

• Premium Member

Really? You can do that? I have this incredible idea for a front mount go pro which could also include one of those phantom DJI drone type gimbles to make the video perfect.

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

Archived